Group Buy Sony OLEDs A80J/A90J 55"/65" (Bangalore 2021)

Have you tried enquiring from the dealers? just pasting links of threads which i m already active in, doesn't help..
Guys I'm in touch with a salesperson from Girias Indiranagar, who regularly kept me updated on the best offers on X90j this year. I've put purchase plans on hold till next year, esp due to Sony's meme level pricing but in case you guys want a better offer let me know and I will drop their number in pm. Hopefully you guys get the best offer, he says he handles sony primarily and can do sony/lg both for a group buy. All the best

65". Pai International. 2.41 + Cashback 15k
Thats a nice price, will try getting it for this price from by dealer. Apparently spoke to my dealer today & he said the 15k cashback is instant now for the next 2 days. Otherwise it will come to ur card after 90 days. Did Pai International say the same thing?

Thanks.

Just the quote from Unilet 55" - 1.65 plus 15k cashback
65" - 2.46 plus 15k cashback. No negotiations
got identical price for the 65" today from the Mumbai dealers, looks like 2.4l will be possible easily excluding cashback?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I know I'm going OT, but after reading through the thread, particularly comments from @DB1989 @Love4sound @insane79, I'm wondering if my endeavour to replace our decade-old Panasonic Plasma with an LG C1/Sony A80 is really worth the consideration.
I am in the exact same boat.

Have a decade old 42 inch Panasonic plasma in my very bright living room, and I surprisingly find it adequate even though my viewing distance is 10-12 feet.

So my dilemma is two fold.

1. OLED is not an option as my room gets very bright with natural light during the day. The picture on the normal LCDs I hear will increasingly become grainier as the size increases, and SD channels are going to look pathetic anyhow. So should I even consider replacing my plasma?

2. If I decide to buy a new TV, then what size? My current one is a 42 incher so I think 50 inch would be more than adequate. Theoretically I should buy a 75 or a minimum 65 inch, but I am worried about the grainy picture.

All things considered, I have pretty much decided on the 50 inch Samsung QN90A. But a part of me still says I should check out the Mi Q1 75 incher. It's becoming very hard to choose between these.

Infact I just got a call from the dealer stating 5k additional off on the quoted 1.65 and 2.46, only for today and tomorrow. So yeah it is hitting the range that you are looking at before cashback

Infact I just got a call from the dealer stating 5k additional off on the quoted 1.65 and 2.46, only for today and tomorrow. So yeah it is hitting the range that you are looking at before cashback
Ya guessed as much, also the dealer is saying today & tom will be 15k instant cashback as oppose to the 90days it would come otherwsie.
Did the dealer tell u the same?

Thanks.

Ya guessed as much, also the dealer is saying today & tom will be 15k instant cashback as oppose to the 90days it would come otherwsie.
Did the dealer tell u the same?

Thanks.
Nope it was always within 90 days, I am not really keen on a purchase at the moment hence didn't dig further.

Yeah in picture it’s faint but in person the yellow line in the bottom is very clear. But overall his screen is fine from DSE as I have watched all type of contents including sports. And also the yellow bleeding is visible only in light colours like white etc at the bottom of the screen and since most movies have black bars it can be ignored. Now major issue is arc for which they have denied issue with their tv and blaming the AVR which is not the case. Used it at my place for 3 days and not a single handshake issue was observed with my c9. Since replacing the Hdmi board also didn’t fix the issue I suspect it’s a manufacturing defect with all their q60r which they don’t want to acknowledge. Typical Samsung.
Try changing HDMI cable as well.....I also faced the issue with my sony soundbar and mi tv....

To update, got a Sony X95G 65" to satisfy my brightness cravings (this time around, i auditioned the set before taking the plunge). This particular TV is a 2019 model and inventory is difficult to come by but i managed to track one down.

The TV is a gem. HDR brightness is kickass and really makes images pop. Its a shame Sony did not release its successor - the X95J. HDR brightness is in fact a good 200-300cd/m2 higher than Sony's current flagship in India - the X90J.

Was installed yesterday and had a few friends audition the set. Unanimous consensus was that the videos i played (movie trailers on youtube) were more immersive/captivating/impressive on the X95G than the G1 OLED.

Colour me content!

To update, got a Sony X95G 65" to satisfy my brightness cravings (this time around, i auditioned the set before taking the plunge). This particular TV is a 2019 model and inventory is difficult to come by but i managed to track one down.

The TV is a gem. HDR brightness is kickass and really makes images pop. Its a shame Sony did not release its successor - the X95J. HDR brightness is in fact a good 200-300cd/m2 higher than Sony's current flagship in India - the X90J.

Was installed yesterday and had a few friends audition the set. Unanimous consensus was that the videos i played (movie trailers on youtube) were more immersive/captivating/impressive on the X95G than the G1 OLED.

Colour me content!
This model was out of stock back in diwali 2020 itself. It is a great TV being sold like hot piece of cake for Rs. 150000 plus a free Google home automation sync given free plus the X1 ultimate processor, was a Sony master series with the brightness that was the highest in that segment. Only problem was it was a 60 hertz panel still great TV set. You are lucky.

This model was out of stock back in diwali 2020 itself. It is a great TV being sold like hot piece of cake for Rs. 150000 plus a free Google home automation sync given free plus the X1 ultimate processor, was a Sony master series with the brightness that was the highest in that segment.
Tell me about it! i was downright distraught that I did not pull the trigger when it was last being sold for the abovesaid price on Tata Cliq as recently as July of 2021 before it finally went out of stock.
Only problem was it was a 60 hertz panel still great TV set.
Yep, 4K playback is limited to 60hz. Can do 120hz for 1080p. Sound is no great shakes either but i have them attached to a pair of Klipsch RP600Ms so a non-issue.
You are lucky.
Amen!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back