Grundig radio restoration

Syam Prasad

Hi I had one Grundig Radio SATELLIT 2100.
It came to me from my elder brother. But it is in bad condition. Short wave bands are not working. FM stations were disturbed. Some FM stations are sounding good. I want the set to be restored. Can any body restore in Bangalore or in Hyderabad

It came to me from my elder brother. But it is in bad condition. Short wave bands are not working. FM stations were disturbed. Some FM stations are sounding good. I want the set to be restored. Can any body restore in Bangalore or in Hyderabad

Hi,

Welcome to HFV!

I am sure you will find yourself enriched with the vast experience and knowledge shared by our FMs (Forum Members) in various threads and topics. Do browse the threads which will have ready information for the queries / challenges you may have around Audio / Video equipment etc.

Happy Browsing and wishing you all the best!

Refer this thread particularly Post#22

There is a forum member kaypeevee who restores vintage radios as a hobby. Give him a buzz.

Hi

Did you get it repaired?

There may be some capacitor or something gone due to age. Still what I guess is the RF interferences in your place maybe masking any reception. Even FM gets disturbed by LED lamps in very modern radios I have. Try taking it far from house or on your terrace/ balcony if you have. My wife's grandfather complained to me (some 25 yrs ago when he was alive) that he wasn't able to catch any stations that he used to earlier. He had to move out in the yard to listen to radio. Culprit was the new transformer less inverter his son had installed.

I had condemned my Grundig S350 to storage / parts radio. A spray of contact cleaner into the band switch and bandwidth selector brought it back to full glory.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back