Guidelines for concealed POP wiring for Home theatre

akodgire123

Hello Friends,

I am planning to buy a Onkyo Home theater (latest) for my new home.

I will be getting possession in another 4 months

I want to conceal the home theater speaker wiring inside POP work.

Still I havent bought the system.

Is it possible to make any arrangement now - using speaker wire in my ceiling

what type of speaker wire I should conceal now in ceiling, so that it will be used with any home theater. concealed wire is only for speaker and not for display as display will be very near to front unit

Please reply

Regards
Anand

Run a different conduit pipe from the AVR/Amp to speaker positions (One pipe from AVR to ceiling then you can use a junction box to go separate ways) so that electrical wires do not interfere with Speaker cables, secondly buy the best quality of speaker wires you can afford, have your electrician run them and that would be it.
And ah one thing have the electrician terminate the pipe and the height you deem appropriate and according to the system(Floor standers etc etc.) you buy after having taken into account the Dolby's speaker placement specs given here Dolby Home Theater Speaker Placement and Setup Guide

Remember to leave at least 3 feet of extra cable at both the amp and speaker ends. Speaker and amplifier position are never exactly as you planned.

Cheers

Can you please suggest which speaker wires i should use.
which brand is better for budget HT setup

I have come across some post that gives length guidelines like using 16 guage wire for length of below 50 ft.

Please give me suggestions

Regards
Anand

Last edited:
Indeed it is a great idea to get the wires and cables concealed.

It is best if you can visit some forum member who has made such kind of concealing because you will get a more clearer idea and the suggestions that will be offered could be very good.

V.

Hello Friends,

I am planning to buy a Onkyo Home theater (latest) for my new home.

I will be getting possession in another 4 months

I want to conceal the home theater speaker wiring inside POP work.

Still I havent bought the system.

Is it possible to make any arrangement now - using speaker wire in my ceiling

what type of speaker wire I should conceal now in ceiling, so that it will be used with any home theater. concealed wire is only for speaker and not for display as display will be very near to front unit

Please reply

Regards
Anand

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back