Guys, Please help !! Got thoroughly cheated by ishop international !!

subro99

Dear All,

Had a lot of hope in ishopinternational.com - based of heresay and going through various posts in this blog.

I hoped to treat myself this deepawali with sony S-5100 blu-ray player. Comparing amazon, borderlinx and others, i found ishop the most value for money option. They communicated with me on a regular basis and were very helpful.

Never did i knew that i am going to be taken for a royal ride...:sad:

Yesterday, a small packet arrived with my name, correct address, correct invoice but after opening it with exitement, came out a "chinese make no brand name lap top battery"

Immediately since then calling them, mailing them, sending photographs etc. but there is hardly any response.

Got a royal scolding from wifey as well - as now she finds out that their site doesn't even has a concrete address. :mad:

I sincerely appeal to all of you, what should i do? Can anybody help me with the owner's name number, shop address etc? I also seek your guidance in taking legal/consumer forum action to find out if at all anything can be recovered/refunded.

In fact, it angers why should people lie and make a fool of you...and yet they survive by continuously doing it repeatedly yet those who are in charge, take no action. I admit, primarily i am responsible to give in to greed and placing an order without checking credentials, but then nowhere a commandment is written that we should not put our faith on any supplier.....

How did you pay? If it was using Credit Card then immediately call them and file a chargeback claiming fraud. Similarly for debit card too. Not sure what's the procedure for bank transfer but you can ask your bank on how to proceed.

If its COD then I'm not sure much can be done other than proceeding legally or by filing a consumer complaint... but may not be worth the time or the effort unless you are willing to go out of your way to initiate some action against them.

Finally, do your part in trying to spread awareness about iShopInternational... share socially, blog about them, post on YouTube, forums, etc.

If feel very sorry for your experience with ishopinternational. Please leave a fitting testimonial on their website. I feel you will have to chase them to get the product or refund whichever you feel is appropriate.

Legal action will work more effectively only when you have sufficient proof of your order not being honored even after you escalate to the management/customer care teams have failed totally!

My understanding is that ishopinternational simply acts as a forwarding agency and you have to provide the online purchase item link.

Please recheck the online item link you have given . You might have been mislead by the original seller

Of course a screw up and mix up of packages by ishopinternational at their godown is also a possibility

Last edited:
I'm sure ishopinternational must have collected the payment for the ordered product by now, when they can show their propmtness in this, why not show the same in ensuring to deliver what customers have paid for?

Done is done.Let's move forward what needs to be taken care.
There is no contact information, owner details.
I see below information.
"Analysis Details:-
Although being a new website, does not make it un-trustworthy, as with any new business you should be extra vigilant and do your own research before placing an order or making an investment.
This site is using an anonymous service - which prevents us from identifying the site owner. This can sometimes be just so that the owner does not receive spam, but be aware that many scam sites use this as a method to hide their identify. If this is an ecommerce site - we would suggest you confirm the business address with the website owners.

The website has been newly registered with a short life expectency, which follows the pattern used by many fraudulent websites. Please be vigilant and take extra care before providing any payment information."

Owner:
"
Street: 11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
City: Los Angeles
State: CA
Postalcode: 90064
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Web : http://www.enom.com"

Administrator
Name: WhoisGuard WhoisGuard Protected
Telephone: +1.6613102107
Phone Type: geographic : Santa Clarita, Newhall-Castai Broadwing Communications, Llc - Ca

May be you want to check with any of your friends in US, who can help. The above address may not be correct. But you may want to try out.
Also parallely you can find out details about their mumbai address. I see its have mumbai customer care number.

courtesy: scamadviser

Last edited:
Since the seller is located outside India, its is difficult to sue them in the consumer courts in India. But hope you have made payment in India, so the cause of action had arisen in India and taking that point you can at least try to file the case. Now whether the judge will accept your case or not cannot be determined now.

On the other hand, if the company has any branch within India, then definitely you have a case.

isn't ibhejo a sister-concern of this portal?!
i had recently seen another complaint-thread on this portal on one other forum.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear about this. Found the below from their FAQ pages: I think you should persist to contact their customer support/ chat services before closing the door and moving legally.

quote:

A:There are 2 secnarios
1) We purchased the wrong item for you - THis is our mistake, we will replace the item for the correct item for free, and may even throw in a little bonus for the inconvenience.

2) The seller ships the wrong item - we will help facilitate the return of the item.
----------
unquote.

@ OP - please try to get their contact-info from ibhejo, if they are still not responding. ibhejo does respond. if all else fails, contact the Akosha team to pursue the matter.

@ OP - please try to get their contact-info from ibhejo, if they are still not responding. ibhejo does respond. if all else fails, contact the Akosha team to pursue the matter.
no need to contact any one, Just go to nearest police station , file FIR and let them be in pain.

Since the seller is located outside India, its is difficult to sue them in the consumer courts in India. But hope you have made payment in India, so the cause of action had arisen in India and taking that point you can at least try to file the case. Now whether the judge will accept your case or not cannot be determined now.

On the other hand, if the company has any branch within India, then definitely you have a case.
they r india based...
their address :
lotus house
sakinaka
mumbai...
their payment processor is ebs
Make individual fir by name on this fraud company.

Payment through Paypal is the safest way for online shopping. Buying from other country dealers: It must be paid through Paypal only. Paypal will take care if the dealer went wrong. The dealer cannot exist in the business.

they r india based...
their address :
lotus house
sakinaka
mumbai...
their payment processor is ebs
Make individual fir by name on this fraud company.

If the seller is Bombay based, then definitely once can sue them before the Consumer court in India.

But filing a police complaint in relation to fraud is not likely give any good footing before the court of law. And once police complaint is filed, it becomes a criminal matter and it becomes a dispute between seller and state (not complainant) and in criminal case the punishment is either fine or imprisonment or both but you cannot get your goods back/ changed or ask for compensation easily.

So from a consumer point of view, it is better to sue them before consumer forum to get a fresh product or compensation or both. The details procedure is given here - http://www.hifivision.com/general-lounge/46021-how-sue-seller-bad-product-services-india-diy.html

However, if you have some good contacts in police deptt, you can always use it to pressurize the seller, but this is also highly illegal.:eek:hyeah:

Sorry to hear about your problem.
Can you tell us which site you purchased from?
I think Ishop is not even in the picture, they simply order it, once received they forward it to India. They don't even open it.

They can help you incase the seller is genuine and shipped a wrong item by mistake.

But if they are not responsive to your communications, it does seem there is a serious problem with them.

Sorry to hear about your problem.
Can you tell us which site you purchased from?
I think Ishop is not even in the picture, they simply order it, once received they forward it to India. They don't even open it.

They can help you incase the seller is genuine and shipped a wrong item by mistake.

But if they are not responsive to your communications, it does seem there is a serious problem with them.

i purchased from ishopinternational.com only. and tried hard to get a contact location but could not see any address.

However, as of now i know from above posts that it is from sakinaka, mumbai.

I kept on calling them continuously. people by names of Vishal, suraj, raveena and monica will respond. they sounded like operators only. Nobody will allow me to talk to their seniors.

Finally i tried different phone numbers and asked for their address so that a case can be registered to nearest police station. heraing this they banged the phone down.

I sent them mails, photographs of what i have received, challan, invoice etc.

Latest update - Monica has asked 48 hours time to resolve. She said, some 5 sony bdp players have come to their hub. they are checking the correctness of product etc. This automatically means that they do open the packages. And from mumbai to elsewhere in country they use bluedart. My incorrect item - the laptop battery came vis bluedart.

Thanks all of you for your support. Really appreciate.

Payment through Paypal is the safest way for online shopping. Buying from other country dealers: It must be paid through Paypal only. Paypal will take care if the dealer went wrong. The dealer cannot exist in the business.

Paypal is extremely limited in India. Also, Paypal offers buyer protection only for physical goods... no protection for digital goods and downloads.

Finally, you cannot use existing funds in Paypal to make purchases or transfer to another Paypal account (thanks to RBI) and have to link either a debit or credit card from which funds will be drawn... in which case you can might as well use the card and go with a chargeback as that's more reliable than Paypal.

PS - Paypal will conduct their own investigation and decide on whether to return funds or not. Also, you have to raise a complaint within 45 days of purchase/transfer of funds. No such limitations with credit cards, immediate chargeback will be pursued in case of fraud and the time limit is a generous 6 months to pursue a chargeback.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back