Harbeth Reference Monitor 40.1 launched in India.

Absolute Phase

We at Absolute Phase are very happy to announce that we have launched the Harbeth Reference Monitor 40.1 which is the 1st pair in India & for a very lucky customer of ours last evening.:yahoo:

The reference pair was driven by Esoteric K03 SACD Player, A Sonos Connect, Pass Labs X10 pre amp, X250.5 power amp. Cables used were Linn, Cardas & Chord.

Sadly we have to part with this pair, but are happy for our M40.1's 1st customer.

Need to raid a bank to get one for a demo.:D

Many are called, but few are chosen. It is a startling experience to sit in front of these large boxes and hear sound that has no box character at all.
'The Absolute Sound' Magazine, USA

the M40.1 actually was unsurpassed: Ive never heard a speaker reproduce the sounds of voices and acoustic instruments with less timbral distortion or more textural realism. Brass instruments had almost shockingly believable color, and just the right balance of bite and natural decay. The sounds of fretted instruments such as guitar, mandolin, and banjothings I hear almost every day in real lifewere convincingly real and consistently enjoyable. Violins, solo or massed, never sounded righter to me than through the M40.1 Stereophile, October 2008, Art Dudley

the Habreth 40.1 delivered excellent performance in a greater number of areas than anything else Ive had in my homeIve never heard a speaker reproduce the sounds of voices and acoustic instruments with less timberal distortion or more textural realismhere finally is a speaker that achieves flat frequancy response without sucking all the life out of recorded music.Ive never before has a speaker in home that offered such generous measures of all of those qualities at once. Stereophile, October 2008, Art Dudley

I could not believe how warm and rich this system sounded. Soprano Kate Royal sounded amazingly rich on her new EMI recital, and my Channel Classics Revueltas SACD exhibited marvelous solidity. All I could manage to write in my notes was that the systems very neutral, full sound was pretty damn amazing. To be perfectly honest, if I had bucks to spare, Id be listening to the Harbeths in the large living room of our 80 year-old Oakland carriage house tomorrow. I loved, loved, loved the sound of this system. I hope everyone attending RMAF 2008 gets the opportunity to hear how full and rich the Harbeth Monitor 40.1 can sound. Stereophile, October 2007, Jason Victor Serinus

Paired with Resolution Audios exceptional-sounding components, it again made my mouth water..the full-range 40.1 monitors have an immensely detailed, beautifully layered, extremely controlled midrange whose harmonic richness is hard to resist. Toed-in toward the listener, the speakers high end was equally compelling..the drum thwacks on Karina Gauvins chamber ensemble arrangement of one of Canteloubes Songs of the Auvergne were among the most realistic Ive heard from this frequently played CD, as was the decay of room resonance. I also enjoyed the beautiful harmonic richness of orchestra and piano on Martha Argerichs live recording of Beethovens Piano Concerto 2 with Claudia Albano Stereophile, January2008, Jason Victor Serinus

This reference monitor creates a tight, dynamic and incredibly revealing presentation at a moderate listening level.

The speaker is completely transparent and paints a 3D holographic sound stage which is totally addictive for its neutrality. (Videos of development in the Harbeth Research Centre.)

Although originally developed for professional use in BBC control rooms, the Monitor 40.1 has been adopted as a domestic reference system and, where space permits, brings the ultimate in natural sound to the serious home listener.

The domestic version, crafted in real wood veneers, is fitted with two binding posts for simplicity of connection. The in-room smoothness of response is excellent, and in a suitable room a controlled and realistic bass response down to 25Hz is possible.

It's not easy to ascribe a sonic characteristic to the multi award-winning Monitor 40.1: nor does it have one. Perhaps the concept "three dimensional curtain of sound" says it all.

AWARDS include...
Golden Ear award from The Absolute Sound magazine
Named TONE Audio speaker product of the year.
Editors' Choice by The Abosulte Sound.

USERS include...
Used at Fountain Studios, the largest TV studio in Britain, and home of TV hits The X-Factor, The Cube, Britain's Got Talent - some of the biggest audience shows.
Used at the British Library's sound archives.
Used at ITV Leeds to make the hugely successful Emmerdale.
Used at BBC Cardiff to make Crimewatch.

REVIEWS include...
REVIEWED by High Fidelity
REVIEWED by Jeff Dorgay in Tone Audio
REVIEWED by Art Dudley in Stereophile

Harbeth M40.1 loudspeaker | Stereophile.com
6moons audio reviews: Harbeth M40.1 Domestic

Specifications

Transducer system Three-way reflex - Harbeth 300mm bass unit, 200mm RADIAL2 midrange and 25mm tweeter with HexGrille.
Freq. response 35Hz-20kHz +/-3dB Free space, grille on, smooth off-axis response
Impedance 6 ohms - easy to drive
Sensitivity 84dB/1W/1m
Amp. suggestion Works with a wide range of amplifiers, ideally from 50W/channel.
Power handling 200W programme
Connector Two 4mm gold-plated binding posts for wires or plugs
Dimensions (hxwxd) 750 x 432 x 388mm (+12mm for grille and binding posts)
Finish Cherry, eucalyptus, rosewood, tiger ebony.
Space needs LF optimised for use away from hard, reflective surfaces.
Stands To bring ears level with tweeters. (Tweeter: 660mm up from cabinet base)
Weight 38kg each
Packing Single speaker per shipping carton

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back