• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Harbeth SHL5

Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport

eddie_fox

Hi all,

As you may know, I am looking at a different sound presentation and am considering horns and other speakers as a change. So, my Harbeth SHL5s (not the PLUS model) are up for sale. I brought if from a fellow FM in Hyderabad. I have the original boxes, in decent condition. Shipping may be an issue, so prefer local buyers.

Aesthetic condition - 9.8/10 (no problems at all actually)
Working condition - 10/10 (perfect condition)
Location - Bangalore
Shipping - Not preferred (but am open to discussing)
Finish - Rosewood veneer
Expected price - 2,20,000 INR (slightly negotiable)

Please message me know if you are interested. Also please come and audition. Ta!

IMG_20180728_195902604.jpg IMG_20180722_185121562.jpg
IMG_20180728_195923060.jpg IMG_20180722_185315658.jpg

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

eddie_fox

NOTE - Stands (by Soundfoundation, I think) are included. So, no additional charges.
These stands compliment the speakers well. I have tried placing them on furniture and they don't sound good. So, the stands make a lot of sense. Anyway, they are free with the speakers, in as-is condition.

eddie_fox

!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE - 1 !!!!!!!!!!!

There have been quite a few inquiries from FMs and I have appraised them of this update. For others:

Since I put the speakers up for sale, I was cleaning under the grill for a demonstration to a potential buyer.... and this happened...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

damage.jpg

I had brushed the cleaning cloth on the super-tweeter dome and caused a small dent. This doesn't look much, but it was a minor dent that I managed to remove. This is the result.

Even with the dent, the functioning was flawless (I had multiple speaker crackerjacks visit and listen to it, and they all couldn't find any difference from the before state).

However, it certainly was an eyesore and a niggle to certain potential buyers. I understand, since it is an expensive purchase.

eddie_fox

!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE - 2 !!!!!!!!!!!

I had, therefore, halted the sale, till I could find a solution.

I have now managed to order these new, replacement super-tweeters from Harbeth, who were not very responsive on direct contact, I must say. I ordered this from a dealer in Seattle, where my brother lives and got him to order from Harbeth. He confirmed with them, and to me, that these are the newer model, but are an exact fitment to my older SHL5, and is completely compliant. These cost me close to 250 USD. But, I wanted them replaced, so I ordered. My brother brought them over today.

new box.jpg inside.jpg front.jpg back.jpg

eddie_fox

!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE - 3 !!!!!!!!!!!

So, for anyone interested:

I am re-opening my Harbeth speakers sale for the same price - INR 2,20,000, but with the new super-tweeters.

These are easy to replace, with just the removal of the 4 screws in the front and plugging in the new super-tweeters in it's place. Just have to reconnect the leads. I can do this or you can yourself.

You can also choose to retain the current super-tweeters, as there is absolutely no difference in the sound, and with the grill on, it doesn't even bother. I leave it you to decide what you want to do.

So, in summary:

NOW - Harbeth SHL5 speakers (with aesthetically flawed left super-tweeter) + Freshly ordered (direct from Harbeth) and newer version (with protection grill) super-tweeter pair (worth approx. 250 USD) + Speaker stands from Sound foundation at 2,20,000 INR

No negotiation!

Last edited: