Has any one auditioned Jamo D 590 recently?

john_k_antony

Dear All,

Today I auditioned Jamo D 590 paired with Marantz PM 7004 Integrated Stereo amp. The sound was divine an the bass was punchy and adequate. It was sounding much better than Klipsh and Denon + KEF combo.

The salesman said that D 590 was discontinued model and brought back by Jamo due to public demand. The old model number seems to be Jamo 7.7

Would like to know if any other pair of ears experienced the same with Jamo D 590? ;)

-John.

Not recently... but about a year ago. They need a big amp to really shine. Heard it first with CA650A then with CA 840 pre power, and the latter sound was very good. highly recommended.

Theres another model, the 707i
707_inside.jpg

The 7.7 and d590 are identical while the 707i had dual 8" woofers in a push pull config within the cabinet and the former 2 had single.

I found it comparable to the jamo c407.

I personally wouldn't bother with it as there are much better options on the market for much cheaper today.

Bi amp feature has tweeter seperated from mid and lows. Not my cup of tea.

IMG_1187.JPG

billede785lt6.jpg

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1201.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

Jamo in general is a good match to cambridge audio and marantz amp. Terrible terrible synergy with denon ab class amps.

Last edited:
What are the other speaker options that can deliver similar bass output similar to Jamo D590 with the similar price range (80K-1L).

It would be great if you could tell me the Speaker-Amp combo so that I can audition them based on your inputs.

Visit Audio Dynamics (Exposure + Heco), Reference Point (Creek + Epos). You may also like Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6, Monitor Audio RX6, Quad 22L, PSB Image T6, Dali Ikon 6...

Visit Audio Dynamics (Exposure + Heco), Reference Point (Creek + Epos). You may also like Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6, Monitor Audio RX6, Quad 22L, PSB Image T6, Dali Ikon 6...

Thanks for the recommendations. I am going to audition CA Azur 650 with MA and MS this weekend. Also Marantz with Dali Ikon 6.

What are the other speaker options that can deliver similar bass output similar to Jamo D590 with the similar price range (80K-1L).

It would be great if you could tell me the Speaker-Amp combo so that I can audition them based on your inputs.

Since you are in bangalore, you should listen to blumenhofer(the listening room) and usher (arn systems).

People after branded 'firangi' stuff only ......... :mad:

Give an equal opportunity to 'our own' entrepreneurs too .........

Negative @ Cor ....

Only 'newbies' or those 'who wish to remain newbies' look for established brands ... b'cause ... peace of mind, no monetary loss due to below-par performance, oomph-value.

Well, quite a few here are past the newbie stage, isn't it? Hey, I am not trying to promote someone who I met, liked his offering, then bought it. A Thread had been created by people who went over and auditioned the creation. The report was excellent, so, I too followed suit. What came about during the audition, well, left me flabbergasted.

So, take that little effort to venture out and see/hear for one-self. It is YOU who needs to be convinced first. That isn't going to happen easily when settling for un-branded, because visibility is non existent. Visibility COSTS money ... advertising etc etc. A few can afford those in a minute-scale venture, no matter how good.

Hence, can't blame the newbies for not accepting un-branded wares. The guys who are already into it .... don't mean one has to be an expert, expect them to give it a shot, at least. 9 out of 10 shan't be disappointed.

Hey,

I am really open to try out Indian brands. End of the day I wanted my music to sound good and want Jesudas and Billy Joel to sound like how they should :D. I am looking for a natural sounding speaker - amp combination.

The main issue with me is what you have said, I am a newbie and doens't know good indian brands and places where I can audition them. This is what I generally do before I shortlist components for audition. Look at forums like hifivision, avsforum, whathifi and select the highly rated products based on user reviews and within my budget. After I shortlist them, I go out and audition them with my own set of CDs.

I only know about Norge and Sonodyne as Indian brands.

I did audition Sonodyne and was impressed. This was a while back though.

I would really appreciate if any one who can point me to places where I can go to audition them in Bangalore.

Thanks,
John.

@OP.

1) Get a home demo by all means. Jamos can boom in your home is they dont have the dimensions they need around them. They are rear ported.

2) A 100+ w/ch amp is needed. They will shine more if connected to more powerful marantz (>7004).

3) Their bass and vocals are great if placed properly in a large room. They also go much louder if you pump up.

4) You cannot resell them as easily as the established ones!! Even the DIY sepakers are hard to resell.

5) Since they are discontinued, cinebells should be selling them at huge discounts. But they won't. They are greedy. They will only sell you on mrp which is around 90k.

6) If you buy a discontinued model for mrp, it will be VERY had to sell them during upgrade.

FYI. There is a D570 (not D590) for sale by our member for <50k.

Sure, I am planning a visit to ARN systems for NAD + Usher. Were is "Listening Room" located in Bangalore?

Its located on Huskur Road, close to Electronics City.

Also NAD is really bad amplification for Usher. You need something far more resolving - at least an odyssey.

@OP.

1) Get a home demo by all means. Jamos can boom in your home is they dont have the dimensions they need around them. They are rear ported.

2) A 100+ w/ch amp is needed. They will shine more if connected to more powerful marantz (>7004).

3) Their bass and vocals are great if placed properly in a large room. They also go much louder if you pump up.

4) You cannot resell them as easily as the established ones!! Even the DIY sepakers are hard to resell.

5) Since they are discontinued, cinebells should be selling them at huge discounts. But they won't. They are greedy. They will only sell you on mrp which is around 90k.

6) If you buy a discontinued model for mrp, it will be VERY had to sell them during upgrade.

FYI. There is a D570 (not D590) for sale by our member for <50k.

Thank you very much Blasto. The issue with the home demo is that, my new house is under construction and I am buying the system for the new house. I am going to have a 24x16 dedicated HT + Music room with acoustics done.

BTW, I closely followed your thread on the B&W, Dali and MA. It was a wonderful review. This weekend I am planning to listen to Dali and MA. BTW, for a warm, natural/neutral, detailed presentation with adequate bass, what would be your take for a budget of 1.5L (Speaker + Amp + cables). I will use it for listening to a wide genre of music including some mono tracks recorded from old LPs :). I will also connect TT to this setup later on.

Thanks,
John.

Thank you very much Blasto. The issue with the home demo is that, my new house is under construction and I am buying the system for the new house. I am going to have a 24x16 dedicated HT + Music room with acoustics done.

Then, better only shortlist now and you can buy once the house is complete. (until you are really in a hurry so as not to miss an offer.

BTW, for a warm, natural/neutral, detailed presentation with adequate bass, what would be your take for a budget of 1.5L (Speaker + Amp + cables).

Actually, Iam confused.
Same system cannot be warm, neutral and detailed. :)

@John, Iam not sure if I made myself clear earlier..
Get the Jamo D590 only if they give 40-50% discount and if it fits your room.
Else dump it.

Oh ok :)

Well, I am not a big fan of sharp highs. By detail I meant clear vocals, good separation of instruments but not sharp. The marantz - Jamo combo was towards brighter side, but I liked the sound. But I think I might get a listening fatigue with that system if I hear it for couple of hours. The vocals were clear too. The bass was the best I heard so far in a stereo setup.

May I ask you which new age speaker can deliver similar bass as Jamo D590 with similar price range?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back