has anybody heard jbl 4312 e speakers

Rupinder

hi friends i am getting a good deal on jbl 4312 e series of 3 way monitor speakers .how is the sound quality of this thing . i mostly listen to indian hindi music bollywood as well as ghazal,classic rock ,some pop and r&B.will these speakers do justice to them .anything you find where these speakers lack .
and what amp would you suggest me for these speakers.

You will not find more accurate speakers at any price. The proof of the chutney is in the eating, and your taste should be your guide in selecting speakers. The 4312 e is a Japanese market product, so its cabinetry is beautiful, and perfectly finished.

Any amplifier with a true 100 watt output will be fine. I have mixed many films over the years using the pro version of this speaker (pro version uses a cheap rugged utility cabinet.)

The only point these lack is in the bass if you are listening to movie soundtracks with LFE (low frequency effects.) The booming effects will be heard but not at the intended sound pressure level. The 12 inch woofer in these units will reproduce the music you mention exactly as the microphone heard it.

Lucky you, a good deal on JBL will make you and your pockets happy.

thanks @moviela .whats the price of this product in india if any body has it .i just want to be sure that this is a good deal

These are sold in Japan, and the street price there is 127,000 Yen (list price 180,000) per pair. This is about Rs 79K. The only speakers you will find in country are grey market if new, or used units carried by a passenger or person moving to India. A used speaker should be worth 50% to 70% of the new price, in excellent condition. Further reductions can be taken for cosmetic defects. Any material defects, like open voice coils, damaged cones, fried cross over, reduce the price to 10% of new if spares are to be had. No spares? Salvage value only. 1 to 1.5% if any parts are usable.

Hi Rupinder,
I was quoted 95K for those (pair). But no audition. So had to settle for something else. If you get a demo of those please share your views about those. They are a beauty to look at. The only thing I did not like about the styling was the JBL logo silk screened on the side of the cabinet. Kind of makes it look cheap:sad:

hi friends i am getting a good deal on jbl 4312 e series of 3 way monitor speakers...and what amp would you suggest me for these speakers.

What price have you been quoted?

I have not heard the 4312E (like posted above this is a Japan centric model) but the old 4312 was a studio monitor. Studio Monitors have a very different sound signature from regular home audio speakers. The 4312 was sold in mirror imaged pairs and was best used as a near field monitor on stands or on a mixing console top.

The 4312 would probably sound best with a GOOD tube amp like something from Jolida or maybe Lyrita or a good, tightly-regulated, laid back Solid State like a Pass Xs 150 or at least a Parasound Halo. Pairing this speaker with a cheaper/brighter amp like a common AVR from Pioneer, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha etc. might lead to a very fatiguing sound. especially on Bollywood or Pop music.

Sound quality is subjective. One person may say the speaker is forward, another may say it is accurate, and so on. It is strongly recomended that you listen to the speaker before you buy it.

These are sold in Japan, and the street price there is 127,000 Yen (list price 180,000) per pair. This is about Rs 79K. The only speakers you will find in country are grey market if new, or used units carried by a passenger or person moving to India. A used speaker should be worth 50% to 70% of the new price, in excellent condition. Further reductions can be taken for cosmetic defects. Any material defects, like open voice coils, damaged cones, fried cross over, reduce the price to 10% of new if spares are to be had. No spares? Salvage value only. 1 to 1.5% if any parts are usable.
Where Do I Order these speakers from Mumbai Does it cost 80K approx.

Thanks

Hi

I did hear these speakers at JBL.s Kalkaji showroom in Delhi some months back. They had shipped two sets of such speakers from Mumbai and last heard both were a pain that somehow got sold (One was absorbed internally at JBL). Hence the customer response did not appear to be all that great. My own experience was these speakers sounded fairly good but outrageously priced (I think around 75K plus). And frankly I did not very much take to its design; it had an unusually large driver and an oversized cabinet which resembled some of those huge greying JBL speakers that one comes across in Mela's and marriage functions.

Certainly not my taste but these things are highly subjective.

in.jbl.com now lists this 4312 E model at Rs. 60,000/- a pair. is this still worth the buy to listen to Indian music in Vinyl.Longing for a time to connect my Hk 6550 to a Jbl Monitor speaker
regards
Srinivasan

Hi

Sahil International is the authorized dealer for JBL in India and is based in Mumbai....I am sure once you visit their store and audition the same, possible with festive season around, try to negotiate for discount....

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back