Has anyone bought from direct Ebay.com.

nkchokshi

Hi friends, I am looking to buy 34" ultrawide monitor, which is costing about $450 USD, from Korea. which is listed on Ebay. Currently the product listing says free shipping worldwide. But my question is how much the custom duties will be? any idea

Also if anyone bought earlier from Ebay.com not from ebay.in/geb. Do we have to go to Airport or customs office to collect product or they send it to house and we pay duty?

Duty charged will be around 15%, I haven't bought from GEB or ebay in years so can't help you with that, usually the logistics company gives you a call and provides you the info once it lands in your city.
It's better to ask someone to carry it for you or buy locally when it comes to such products.

Duty charged will be around 15%, I haven't bought from GEB or ebay in years so can't help you with that, usually the logistics company gives you a call and provides you the info once it lands in your city.
It's better to ask someone to carry it for you or buy locally when it comes to such products.

The rate of duty would depend if the officer had a fight with his wife in the morning or not! But seriously, it may range from 15% to 35% depending on what category they apply for assessment. But beware of Korean sellers, if the feedback is not 100% positive, just stay away. If he has even 0.1% negative feedback, just go through his negative feedbacks and take a call.

The rate of duty would depend if the officer had a fight with his wife in the morning or not! But seriously, it may range from 15% to 35% depending on what category they apply for assessment. But beware of Korean sellers, if the feedback is not 100% positive, just stay away. If he has even 0.1% negative feedback, just go through his negative feedbacks and take a call.

Yep, which is why I advised him against it, they probably have a random duty generator.
I was once charged 2k for a $20 CD, never ordered anything after that incident.

Yep, which is why I advised him against it, they probably have a random duty generator.
I was once charged 2k for a $20 CD, never ordered anything after that incident.

Oh Really, Did you try to request for the re-assessment ? This is really Shocking. Just for CD, Too bad.

Coming to Original Topic, Its all about ur Luck, They would charge Item cost_Shipping Cost+Insurance and make the custom around 30%of original Rate.

Here Original Price is not for what you purchased, Custom Officer access the MRP for your item. In my case when I purchased Sciit DAC Which costed me around 15,000 MRP including Shipping, They charged me 7,3000:sad: stating that, as per their Sheet and assessment 25,000 K is the correct value :-(.

Also Bigger the size, Custom charge might High as well.

Oh Really, Did you try to request for the re-assessment ? This is really Shocking. Just for CD, Too bad.

Nope, at that point of time I just wanted to get out of the post office because I didn't want to ruin my day arguing with bureaucrats. Although the thought of just bolting for the exit with the package did cross my mind.
I think they pull off this crap especially when they know it'll be a hassle for the receiver to get it re-assessed and they'll opt to pay instead.

They charged me 7,3000:sad: stating that, as per their Sheet and assessment 25,000 K is the correct value :-(.

God only knows what magic sheet that is.

Thanks all, so in short words its a bad idea right? Unless its GEB or direct amazon import. Ive bought projector from Amazon last year, which went quite smooth as all taken care by amazon.

How about ishopinternational, and shopusa.com, any experience with them, are they legit?
because ebay has products which are from selected suppliers and selected products only showup.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back