Has anyone used shopyourworld.com?

arindamcc

Hello,

Has anybody here used shopyourworld.com ? Seems like a good option for buying stuff from sites that do not ship internationally or from ebay (not global ebay).

I saw the name being mentioned in a couple of threads but has anyone used the service? Does it make a huge difference in terms of shipping cost, delivery time ?

OPPO BDP-83 Unit Price: Rs 29,700.00 including Shipping & Handling charges + Insurance (5 Day shipping)

Customs Duty: Rs 8,316.00 including VAT

I am also looking for the same answer.. thinking of buying WD Live Media Player from Amazon thru them.
Which is better in terms of reliability & shipping time, 20North or Shopyourworld?

With no intention to hijack the thread...
WD Live is listed for around 6500 (incl shipping, with also a possibility of free shipping) at 20North but when i add it to cart, the price jumps to 7775!! Why is this happ?
6500 is good but 7775 is not worth, in that case Shopyourworld looks better with price around 6700.

Any suggestions??

I havent used it myself. But, have compared prices for getting some speaker cables from amazon through borderlinx, shopyourworld and 20north
shopyourworld was coming out to be the cheapest amongst the three options.

Website seems to be well maintained but not many reviews available online.Probably not reached to people yet.
29k+ for oppo is exact price if buy through borderlinx including customs.

Last edited:
I bought Yamaha RX-V665 A/V Receiver - 630W - Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS HD, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo:6, Dolby Digital Plus for Rs. 17,200 + Customs Rs. 4,676.

I ordered it on 15th June and got it delivered this afternoon. Got it delivered within 11 days from U.S.

I had a good experience with shopyourworld!!!!

I bought Yamaha RX-V665 A/V Receiver - 630W - Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS HD, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo:6, Dolby Digital Plus for Rs. 17,200 + Customs Rs. 4,676.

I ordered it on 15th June and got it delivered this afternoon. Got it delivered within 11 days from U.S.

Which shipping method are you use Express Shipping or Priority Shipping ? and post some pic of your shipment. also share some detail such as which bill they are provide original bill from merchant and customs ? or their own bill.

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing.

Their faq mentions that would charge extra for items above 5kg. I am guessing your package was above 5kg, so did they charge extra?

Hello,

I used Express Shipping and received the product in 11 days as I mentioned earlier.

They gave their own bill which includes all the charges.

After I placed the order, I was contacted by Shop Your World to let me know about the overweight charges. Yes, I would've read the Terms before ordering.
Anyways, I paid overweight charges ,but got a discount as they had some special offer!!

Not a bad deal at all....

Please upload a pic of invoice.

Here are the answers I received via their webchat option

SYW: All the Items purchased through Shop Your World are Insured for Loss or Damages during Transit
DV: What if an electronic item is not working after I receive it? How will I get it replaced?
SYW: If you receive a damaged Item, you need to contact us within 24 hours of receiving the Item and we'll arrange a pick up of the Item
DV: Fine...and how much time will it take for replacement?
SYW: 12 working days

I recently got thet TRITRIX DIY speaker kit from USA through Shopyourworld
was pretty satisfied with their service
2 of the drivers were damaged and they promptly replaced them.
4.5/5 for service
the only room for improvement lies in the courier they use aka EXPRESSIT one of the not so good courier companies around
overall value for money
and they do mark goods less than 10k as gifts to save on customs :)

Just curious - does anyone know where ShopYourWorld.com is based out of? I found the following paragraph in their "Shipping Terms and Conditions" which makes me feel nervous - they seem to be based in Singapore with no base in India?

http://www.shopyourworld.com/shop/h/shippingtearm.aspx

(17)Applicable Law and Jurisdiction

These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. If Buyer are not a resident in Singapore, by registering as a member, Buyer agree that the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to Buyer membership and use of the services. Buyer accepts and agrees that both Buyer and we shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore in respect of any dispute arising out of and/or in connection with these terms and conditions.

Everything looks good about this site. But a word of caution. You are not going to get any warranty on products shipped by them.

If any thing goes wrong the shipped product , you need to send the same back to them at your own expenses.

Just curious - does anyone know where ShopYourWorld.com is based out of? I found the following paragraph in their "Shipping Terms and Conditions" which makes me feel nervous - they seem to be based in Singapore with no base in India?

http://www.shopyourworld.com/shop/h/shippingtearm.aspx

(17)Applicable Law and Jurisdiction

These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. If Buyer are not a resident in Singapore, by registering as a member, Buyer agree that the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to Buyer membership and use of the services. Buyer accepts and agrees that both Buyer and we shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore in respect of any dispute arising out of and/or in connection with these terms and conditions.

I have booked an amplifier from amazon through SYW, hopefully it is delivered by monday. the customer care is pretty decent, they answer all your queries politely and have tracked my shipment till now. at the time of ordering i got a call from their customer care informing me the additional shipping charges as the item was more than 5kgs (up-to 5kgs is shipped free); the call came from a landline phone in Mumbai so i'm pretty sure they have a base in Mumbai.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back