HD Audio Missing from TataSky HD (not plus)

sankdadevil

There is a strange thing that I noticed yesterday. I've been using TataSky HD (not the DVR one) and I've seen 1080i output for HD channels. I never bothered to check the audio details as I used to play through my HD TV.

Now I have a HT and I believed it would play the HD channels in 5.1 To my surprise, TataSky HD delivers its HD channels also in 2.0! No 5.1! Is this just me or everyone has the same experience.

BTW, I've hooked up TataSky with my AVR using HDMI and confirmed audio/video output from TataSky settings. The AVR reports only 2.0 channels being fed from TataSky whereas it correctly picks up 5.1 from my PS3.

Any ideas if this is same across all subscribers of TataSky HD? How does other HD DTH providers fare in this matter?

This Bug is already discussed in other threads related to Tata Sky HD. In this case HDMI is carrying only Stereo 2.0, You need to connect CoAxial Cable from HD box to AVR to get the DD 5.1. There are few people who claims 5.1 is working with HDMI with new Firmware...but this bug is still very much there.

Yuppp... I was searching in parallel and did indeed come across some of the comments on another thread of this forum.

But if some members are claiming that the bug is resolved, how come it exists for some of us? Something is amiss somewhere!

Yuppp... I was searching in parallel and did indeed come across some of the comments on another thread of this forum.

But if some members are claiming that the bug is resolved, how come it exists for some of us? Something is amiss somewhere!

That is something I'm still wondering. Tried different options and finally gave up and let my coaxial do the job..

For me and my friend there was frimware update a week back. Now I confirm 5.1 Audio from HDMI cable to his Onkyo 3400 Reciever.

Hence for 2 after Fw update HD audio is streaming via HDMI cable.

Maybe you are still to receive a FW update.

The only other change i noticed after FW update is that the Blue Info menu is darker than before. It comes up whenever you change a channel.

To solve dis problem, update the software manually the latest release is 105

When ur stb is on, close it from the mains without switching off from remote.
After some time switch on stb from mains and when 'please wait initializing' comes on screen, press back button twice and then press 2465. Software will start downloading.

U can check the latest release in Organiser= System settings

no one is getting HD audio AFAIK on any interface. Only 5.1 compressed audio. Since I do not have an HDMI receiver, my hdmi goes to TV and optical to avr. Mine is TS HD+ though.

Finally figured it out... The options on Organizer -> User Settings -> Sound Settings show SPDIF and HDMI... These are two options that can be set independently of the other however SPDIF is the first option (similar to the default option of a drop-down menu) and hence it gives the feeling as if it is the preferred output. All I did was under both SPDIF and HDMI, I selected Dolby and hit the blue button on my remote... And Tadddaaa... the AVR now correctly reports Dolby Digital output in 5.1 channels!

Hope it helps others. Just ensure that you set both to Dolby and that essentially does the trick.

To solve dis problem, update the software manually the latest release is 105

When ur stb is on, close it from the mains without switching off from remote.
After some time switch on stb from mains and when 'please wait initializing' comes on screen, press back button twice and then press 2465. Software will start downloading.

U can check the latest release in Organiser= System settings

Thanks Jignesh but I didn't need to update my firmware although I would keep this neat trick in mind shall I need it in the future! :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back