HD picture thru' component output on Tata sky

docd

I have Tata sky+ HD. Upto some weeks ago we could get 1080i thru component output. I needed this as my TV has only one HDMI in. I needed to connect 2 HD sources ie Dune HD max and Tata sky HD. So I used HDMI for Dune and Component for Tata sky. I got a very good 1080i picture from Tata sky. Now Tata sky has disabled upscaling thru' component, it gives only a SD picture. I am forced to connect Tata sky to HDMI and Dune thru component. The Dune picture is slightly inferior on component in. I tried customer service on Tata sky but they seem to have no idea about this. Any ideas ? anyone facing the same problem?

Thanks a lot, Spirovious. I had completely forgotten about HDMI switchers. I'll get one right away. My TV supports only upto 1080i. Hope the switcher will output this.Or does it output only 1080p?

Hdmi switch or for that matter the cable does not alter the signal specifications in any way...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Usually these HDMI switches are not compatible with satellite receivers. Please see the product description.

Baijuxavior,
You are right. It says says not compatible with devices like satellite receivers 'without power adapter'. Now what does that mean exactly? Most receivers do have a power supply.

thanks Jigneshg I read the whole thread. After reading the reply from Nityanand I feel there is no hope for owners of older sets. They will either have to buy new TVs or be stuck with SD picture only. At least my TV has one HDMI in, so Iam going to try a HDMI switch

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back