HD settop box

chakri

Hi,

I want to take a HD set top box connection.
I am looking to good picture and sound quality. I have home theater system to connect to the set top box. So I am looking for the set top box with support of 5.1 sound(Not sure if all HD set top boxes are supporting it). The channels I am interested is English and Hindi movies and Telugu language entertainment channels. Can some one suggest me the right DTH package that suits best for my requirements?

Thanks
Chakri

Hi,

I want to take a HD set top box connection.
I am looking to good picture and sound quality. I have home theater system to connect to the set top box. So I am looking for the set top box with support of 5.1 sound(Not sure if all HD set top boxes are supporting it). The channels I am interested is English and Hindi movies and Telugu language entertainment channels. Can some one suggest me the right DTH package that suits best for my requirements?

Thanks
Chakri

well, since you have a HT system you must make use of 5.1 audio. Only Airtel and Tata Sky support 5.1, so it makes it easier for you to decide. Also as of now Airtel HD offers more HD channels with better service, as per a recent surevey.

hai
pls go with tatasky or videocon.tatasky provides 6 hd channels with 3 5.1 movie channels.videocon offers 11 true hd channels.if u need telugu hd there is only one option that is sun hd.

I am ordering my second ts hd+ box today. CC said they would be launching a high number of HD channels in oct/ nov.

been using tata sky hd for the last 2 months it is good. but if you want telugu movies in hd only sun offers the same.TS has (HD movies now) missing from other providers else all the other channels are same.Fox was supposed to launch its HD which got postponed so you can expect all new HD channels to go with most of the providers.

been using tata sky hd for the last 2 months it is good. but if you want telugu movies in hd only sun offers the same.TS has (HD movies now) missing from other providers else all the other channels are same.Fox was supposed to launch its HD which got postponed so you can expect all new HD channels to go with most of the providers.

Guys,

I heard that the HDMI out of the Tata Sky HD box does not carry the Audio 5.1 digital signal and its only on the Co-axial / optical audio out. :sad:
Has anyone experienced this?
Tata Sky HD owners, your views pls....

Cheers

hai
pls go with tatasky or videocon.tatasky provides 6 hd channels with 3 5.1 movie channels.videocon offers 11 true hd channels.if u need telugu hd there is only one option that is sun hd.

not sure if videocon supports 5.1 audio, Tata Sky and Airtel support for sure. Dish TV only has 5.1 for one channel MOVIES NOW. But for telegu, I guess Sun DTH would be the only option, though not sure if it has support for 5.1

Guys,

I heard that the HDMI out of the Tata Sky HD box does not carry the Audio 5.1 digital signal and its only on the Co-axial / optical audio out. :sad:
Has anyone experienced this?
Tata Sky HD owners, your views pls....

Cheers

That is correct. And it is the same situation with Airtel too, I believe.

My brother bought a led tv and got a free reliance hd dth. I must say the picture quality really sucks even for HD channels. The problem is that all images look like as if they are waxed (I don't know whether this is the correct term). This may be due to the upscaling they use to convert sd channels to '250 HD like channels'. I thought tatasky sd channel quality was the worst, but seeing reliance sd channels I am forced to change my opinion. Tatasky HD looks better than reliance HD. Also, there is no 5.1 support.

@beep: that's right but getting audio 5.1 signal from all providers has the same catch.
Checked SUN,Dish they too have the same problem.HD is still nascent in india and they are still catching up.I had subscribed to HD only to watch nat and discovery most of the time and enjoying star movies and world ad free with good picture quality.

Hi,

Thanks to all of your responses. Does the tata sky and Airtel both have a optical S/P Diff for digital audio?

Thanks
Chakri

@beep: that's right but getting audio 5.1 signal from all providers has the same catch.
Checked SUN,Dish they too have the same problem.HD is still nascent in india and they are still catching up.I had subscribed to HD only to watch nat and discovery most of the time and enjoying star movies and world ad free with good picture quality.

Thanks Tracer,

that really sucks, since my Tta HD box does not have either optical or co-axial Audio OUT. :mad:

Is it possible to getit changed??

Cheers

Thanks Tracer,

that really sucks, since my Tta HD box does not have either optical or co-axial Audio OUT. :mad:

Is it possible to getit changed??

Cheers

Upgrade to Tatasky +. The hd dvr has both optical and coaxial outputs.

Hi,

I got the Tatasky+ HD settop box. I tried connecting the optical cable from the settop box to by Onkyo AVR and it seems like there is no output coming up from the settop box. Did anyone used optical out from digicomp? Is there any special setting required?

Thanks
Chakri

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back