HDMI (ARC) DTS HDMA Lossless Audio

Immu

Hi Guys not sure if many are using this feature, well now every latest TV has this HDMI ARC port, My question is connecting through TV's HDMI ARC port to the AV receiver is it possible to get the DTS HDMA lossless audio? Please suggest.

Hi Guys not sure if many are using this feature, well now every latest TV has this HDMI ARC port, My question is connecting through TV's HDMI ARC port to the AV receiver is it possible to get the DTS HDMA lossless audio? Please suggest.
What is your source? Where is your collection to have HD audio?
Query is not clear. Elaborate it

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

If your TV support's HDMI ARC, then you are right... You will get HD lossless Audio on your AVR..

Have not tried HDMI ARC so far. Will try it out this weekend and update.

If your TV support's HDMI ARC, then you are right... You will get HD lossless Audio on your AVR..

Hi Elango,
So if i connect a USB drive containing a movie file with Dolby Atmos loosless audio. The TV does play the video well. Now the doubt is, will the TV be able to pass the audio through ARC port to the HDMI in port of the AVR, there by letting the AVR to process the audio? (consider the AVR is Atmos compatible)

Thanks,
Nipun

What is your source? Where is your collection to have HD audio?
Query is not clear. Elaborate it

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for the response, I've LeEco super3 55" TV it does have HDMI ARC, and i've good collections of BR-DTS 5.1 format movie files and the TV is able to read any kind of files when you connect through the USB port i can connect my External Hard Disk directly to the TV and the TV even reads 4k files seamlessly, planing to buy an AVR to have my HT setup so wanted to clarify before i could buy one.

Hi Elango,
So if i connect a USB drive containing a movie file with Dolby Atmos loosless audio. The TV does play the video well. Now the doubt is, will the TV be able to pass the audio through ARC port to the HDMI in port of the AVR, there by letting the AVR to process the audio? (consider the AVR is Atmos compatible)

Thanks,
Nipun

Never used this option.. Me not very sure..Don't think you will get Atmos on your AVR, at best stereo out to your AVR...will wait for other FM to clarify..

This article explains the HDMI ARC functionality, connectivity options..

But your question was "connecting a hard drive to TV's USB input with Atmos content, would you get Atmos content on AVR thru HDMI ARC".. Right?

Yes, you understood me correct Elango. But practically that should work right?

Last edited:
Hay guys i checked the user manual of LeEco Tv it does not say anything about what kind of digital signals it can pass through on HDMI ARC, called up Cust Care to get some info the Rep that i spoke to I am sure he had no idea of what is DTS HD/ True HD signals, i asked him to place me on hold and check with his superiors and he did the same, when he came back he assured me saying sir it will pas through all these signals even Dolby Atmos i was surprised.

Now after connected to my Pioneer Vsx 531 i tried playing all different files, well it sounds fantastic and it does pass through DTS HD 5.1 surround I am really happy with my purchase, i think now all the latest 4k/Tv's should pass through any kind of digital signals depends on the file that we play.

Hay guys i checked the user manual of LeEco Tv it does not say anything about what kind of digital signals it can pass through on HDMI ARC, called up Cust Care to get some info the Rep that i spoke to I am sure he had no idea of what is DTS HD/ True HD signals, i asked him to place me on hold and check with his superiors and he did the same, when he came back he assured me saying sir it will pas through all these signals even Dolby Atmos i was surprised.

Now after connected to my Pioneer Vsx 531 i tried playing all different files, well it sounds fantastic and it does pass through DTS HD 5.1 surround I am really happy with my purchase, i think now all the latest 4k/Tv's should pass through any kind of digital signals depends on the file that we play.

Thats really great. Are you getting ARC to passthrough ATMOS to the AVR? Can you please once again let me know how are your device connected? Is it the Hard disk/blu ray player connected to the TV and TV HDMI ARC sending the audio to AVR?

Thats really great. Are you getting ARC to passthrough ATMOS to the AVR? Can you please once again let me know how are your device connected? Is it the Hard disk/blu ray player connected to the TV and TV HDMI ARC sending the audio to AVR?

I have connected the hard disk to the TV USB port and HDMI ARC to AVR, i could not check ATMOS Pass through since my receiver does not support Dolby Atmos it supports only DTS HDMA and TRUE HD.

As far as I know and my experience with sony leds, Televisions wont send loseless audio through ARC with HDMI. It will send only PCM 2.0 output.

Please re-check if this is DTS 5.1 or really DTS-HD Master Audio? As I believe latter is not yet technically possible?

Back