• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

HDMI problems

Wharfedale Diamond 11.1 & 11.2 Speakers

Neeraj0272

Hi all
I have hooked up an htpc and a Tata Sky to my projector through an HDMI switcher(which is connected to the projector via a 10m DAC brand HDMI cable) and this has been working for years. My avr is without HDMI so I am using a switcher.
Now suddenly there is no picture from the projector if using this configuration. I have tried all the different input combinations on this switcher with no success. One thing I noted is that this switcher heats up very high.I have changed to a different working hdmi switcher but still no picture.
I have connected the tata sky directly to the projector through 10m Dac HDMI cable but still no picture. But my HTPC connected directly(via the 10m hdmi cable) to the projector is giving picture.
I have tried to use all the three different HDMI inputs of the projector with the same result.
So at this time I can use my htpc only and not tata sky. What could be the problem and it's solution?

reachkalyan.kr

Understood from your information above,
Your htpc is working without any issue with direct connection to pj.if yes,without hdmi switcher Possible connect Tata sky directly to tv or small monitor thru hdmi with new hdmi cable.if tatasky hdmi out gives display its bit complicated issue.If no display then stbox is having some problem.
Was there a thunder strom/Rain before this issue arises.
If yes may be your tata sky stbox is having some problem.
Call tata sky toll free number.
Tata Sky Limited
Unit 301 to 305, 3rd Floor,
Windsor,
Off C.S.T. Road, Kalina,
Santacruz (East),
Mumbai – 400 098
There is possibility that tatasky st box will be giving out put thru rca connector(possible check the output of tata sky thru av cable) but hdmi circuit failed inside stbox.

Let us know your findings.
Atb