HDMI Start up Problem in Onkyo TX-NR609

mpmohan

I bought an Onkyo TX-NR609 from Amazon Germany in January, 2012. It is connected to Bose Acoustimass 10, 5.1 speaker. It has worked until now.

Last week, I suddenly found that the Onkyo had no HDMI output from its HDMI inputs ( Tata Sky HD and Dune BD Prime 3.0, though I could get an ouput via its composite port.

I called Onkyo Office in Chennai and they hummed and hawed, seemingly reluctant to help. They said the HDMI port designed for use in Europe would fail in India. They quoted a approximate price of Rs.20000 ( yes, 20K) to repair the unit, which ight take 3-4 weeks or more.

Anyway, I did a factory re-set (Firmware xxxx.8106) and am glad to report that it works fine.

So, if anyone else has similar problem, try the same.

Cheers,
mpmohan

I own two Onkyo AVRs': TX-SR606 and TX-NR609, and both their HDMI boards failed.

I short-circuit the TX-SR606 HDMI board while connecting it to my notebook while both units were powered on. The TX-NR609 simply went bad while setting up the HDMI menu for ARC with my Panasonic XT50TH. Luckily mine was covered in the 3-year warranty period.

I read in several forums that Onkyo's HDMI boards ocassionally fail. Somebody in the US has also posted an article on Youtube regarding HDMI board repairs. Good idea if the board goes bad again afetr the warranty.

Hello

I seem to have the same problem on my Onkyo 616 bought from Singapore. HDMI main out does not display any picture although sub-out displays the picture perfectly. Onkyo Service is asking 25k+5k to replace PCB. I doubt very much that it is a PCB problem and they are trying to fleece me.

I have tried doing the factory reset using the instructions in the manual. However, it did not help. I notice that the firmware version did not downgrade after the factory reset. Is that normal or am I doing something different. Can I ask you how did you perform the factory reset? Thanks in advance for your help.

onkyo known for hdmi boards failure because of poor design.
i kept 04 fans on the top of my 906 to avoid hdmi board failure.it is a ticking time bomb, any time it may fail.
it is a design flaw.:mad:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back