HDMI to HDMI And Optical Converter

shrayv

Hey,

I'm getting a raspberry pi in a couple of weeks and looking to hook it to the tv as a media center. I am looking for a converter that splits the audio from the HDMI to optical out

HDMI in > Optical Out
> Video out (HDMI)

Cheers,
Shray

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is it available in India?

It costs $240. That's very pricey. I'm looking for something around Rs. 2,000-3000.

There is a 4x1 HDMI switch available at Monoprice.com but the product has mixed reviews

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5557&seq=1&format=2

Last edited:
Octava has a rock solid 1 in to 1 out HDMI to Optical Audio converter that will convert the HDMI audio to optical toslink output.

The HD11-ARC is a unique device which combines an ARC compatible HDMI Audio Processor with a User Programmable EDID Emulator.

The HD11-ARC allows fully user customized EDID to be 'loaded' into the unit via USB from a PC to allow you to 'force' your Source into the optimum Audio and Video Output format for your connected Display and AV Amp.
HDMI-Audio-Converter-EDID-Manager-App.gif

Octava has a rock solid 1 in to 1 out HDMI to Optical Audio converter that will convert the HDMI audio to optical toslink output.

The HD11-ARC is a unique device which combines an ARC compatible HDMI Audio Processor with a User Programmable EDID Emulator.

The HD11-ARC allows fully user customized EDID to be 'loaded' into the unit via USB from a PC to allow you to 'force' your Source into the optimum Audio and Video Output format for your connected Display and AV Amp.
HDMI-Audio-Converter-EDID-Manager-App.gif

Thanks for your suggestion. But I'm looking for a solution that costs about rs. 2,000 to 3,000. I was reading up a few articles on other forums and was thinking of buying a creative sound blaster surround external USB card that offers optical out. But I don't know whether it has Linux support and whether DTS/DD pass through works.

The current situation is that XBMC Build for raspberry pi don't support USB sound cards as of now (have alpha support).

Looking for your valuable inputs.

Cheers

EDIT: OpenELEC (a build of XBMC) supports a number of dacs for stereo, nothing for 5.1 or multi-channel pass-through

http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-...lec-bit-perfect-stereo-playback-and-dac-guide

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back