Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • 4-All are equally good

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Love4sound

Dear Fm’s

I have 3 images attached. One image is taken from my Sony 1080p Tv and the remaining 2 from C9 with1 in 4K SDR and another in HDR.All three do look different but definitely interms of picture quality not a huge difference. The camera does over expose certain details and gives a blueish tint which isn’t actually present. Please vote and discuss. The poll will end in a week and I will reveal which is which. Pics were taken in IPhone XR and is compressed through what’s app to upload in forum
852A0D46-63C4-41A1-B113-EB4E0F0A2F81.jpeg5CB1EF32-0A6D-4F76-96FC-F60BC221FCB4.jpeg850346C4-4A37-4A7F-8F7F-07A8CF6D65E9.jpeg

Last edited:
No camera can actually capture the dynamic range of HDR of LG OLED, which is close to 21 stops.

And of course, most will be viewing the images on SDR screens that can't display 21 stops either.

No camera can actually capture the dynamic range of HDR of LG OLED, which is close to 21 stops.
Yeah very true. That is why I have also added a standard 4K shot. I’ll explain clearly the difference how all three scenarios actually looked to me directly.

Yeah very true. That is why I have also added a standard 4K shot. I’ll explain clearly the difference how all three scenarios actually looked to me directly.

Errr...what will that achieve though? My point was that iPhone camera can capture 13-14 stops of dynamic range, which might be enough to capture calibrated SDR. If the OLED light is really high, which can enhance SDR dynamic range to more than most TVs thanks to perfect blacks, then even the the camera won't be able to capture everything. Now in HDR with 21 stops, provided the image you have selected is using all of it, the camera will either have to clip highlight details or the shadow details. It can't capture everything that's on the screen.

Then we are all seeing it on different screens. HDR vs SDR can't be compared like this. Anyway, let people vote. I have placed my objections. I can't vote on this.

Errr...what will that achieve though? My point was that iPhone camera can capture 13-14 stops of dynamic range, which might be enough to capture calibrated SDR. If the OLED light is really high, which can enhance SDR dynamic range to more than most TVs thanks to perfect blacks, then even the the camera won't be able to capture everything. Now in HDR with 21 stops, provided the image you have selected is using all of it, the camera will either have to clip highlight details or the shadow details. It can't capture everything that's on the screen.

Then we are all seeing it on different screens. HDR vs SDR can't be compared like this. Anyway, let people vote. I have placed my objections. I can't vote on this.
Yeah definitely an iPhone camera cannot capture every details or show how it actually looks in person. This is to just give a rough idea. And also since I witnessed all three shots and have one of the best 1080p and 4K tv I am sharing my views on the topic

To my eyes, the third image seems the best - both resolution and quality wise - more alive (see sheen on the forehead), dynamic (face stands up in the background), good detail and more natural colours) First is second best, but lacks in color richness and correctness. Second image is worst of the lot, lacks life - looks too flat.

Hi Navin, though the last image is more vivid in clours & contrast, but it kills the details on the cloth & has hotspots on the face. My preference would be the first one although it is dull. The first one has a bluish tone, less contrasty black but has more details. Would tweak the, contrast, black levels & colour to my liking in the case of the first option. The second option is out.

Hi Navin, though the last image is more vivid in clours & contrast, but it kills the details on the cloth & has hotspots on the face. My preference would be the first one although it is dull. The first one has a bluish tone, less contrasty black but has more details. Would tweak the, contrast, black levels & colour to my liking in the case of the first option. The second option is out.
As I have mentioned the bluish tint is due to camera over exposing.
To my eyes, the third image seems the best - both resolution and quality wise - more alive (see sheen on the forehead), dynamic (face stands up in the background), good detail and more natural colours) First is second best, but lacks in color richness and correctness. Second image is worst of the lot, lacks life - looks too flat.
Yeah true that’s how it looks in the images. I will explain clearly how all these three images looked directly. But every one please vote. So at the end of the poll we can have a winner

Last edited:
Though the last image has a lot of details in the background compared to the other two images.

Dear mister love4sound, in the 3rd pic the background details are quite clearer compared to the other....also the figure in the pic looks nice....

Dear Fm’s

I have 3 images attached. One image is taken from my Sony 1080p Tv and the remaining 2 from C9 with1 in 4K SDR and another in HDR.All three do look different but definitely interms of picture quality not a huge difference. The camera does over expose certain details and gives a blueish tint which isn’t actually present. Please vote and discuss. The poll will end in a week and I will reveal which is which. Pics were taken in IPhone XR and is compressed through what’s app to upload in forum
View attachment 43348View attachment 43349View attachment 43350
I dont understad the purpose of this.Not to mention you shot these picture on mobile and then compressed those again on whatsapp.Other technical aspects are already mentioned by someone else above so i will not go in to that.

even if forgot all the technical aspects for a sake of argument and we assume that u are able to click picture with great details and true to what u see even then this still does not make any sense.i can understand a blind test between OLEDs such as C9 and A8 or high end LCDs likes of Q80 ans 950G etc.

I dont understad the purpose of this.Not to mention you shot these picture on mobile and then compressed those again on whatsapp.Other technical aspects are already mentioned by someone else above so i will not go in to that.

even if forgot all the technical aspects for a sake of argument and we assume that u are able to click picture with great details and true to what u see even then this still does not make any sense.i can understand a blind test between OLEDs such as C9 and A8 or high end LCDs likes of Q80 ans 950G etc.
There is no need to be serious and a tech savvy always. I am just having fun in the forum and the people who commented, voted and including me are all aware of the technical aspects that this doesn’t prove anything and this images will not give the accurate details. This post is a vote and to comment on the topic. So stick to that and pple who are not interested please don’t vote and comment like this.If u want go ahead and spend on a professional camera buy a A9, C9,Q80 and post a more professional review. I show and share what I have and what I know to the forum

Last edited:
There is no need to be serious and a tech savvy always. I am just having fun in the forum and the people who commented, voted and including me are all aware of the technical aspects that this doesn’t prove anything and this images will not give the accurate details. This post is a vote and to comment on the topic. So stick to that and pple who are not interested please don’t vote and comment like this.If u want go ahead and spend on a professional camera buy a A9, C9,Q80 and post a more professional review. I show and share what I have and what I know to the forum
I genuinely did not understand at first thats why i asked you.if i knew its just a silly timepass post i would not have commented on it.anyways have fun

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back