HEAD UNIT and BASS PROBLEM

Figo

Hello Friends,

I am bit confused with below 3 Head units to install in my Figo. I personally like Blaupunkt but don't know really how good quality it can produce? One of Friend suggested for JVC R900BT but its not available with any Dealers....I have installed few things in my car and they are as follows:-

1) Focal FX Series Components front
2) Auditor 2 Channel AMP to support front components
3) Sony 4 Channel AMP
4) Boston coaxial car speakers
5) JBL BASS Tube

So, the problem is I am not getting great quality sound after spending a BOMB. So, one of my friend told to me change Head Unit and can you please suggest me anything better you guys have in MIND? :)

ALSO, My Bass tube doesn't produce Natural BASS and it produces CHEAP :mad: quality (DHOOM DHOOOOOOOM DHOOM) and I can not hear anything.....I want something simpler but little DEEP BASS. Please HELP :yahoo: THANKS in ADVANCE

---------------------------------------------------------
WX-GT99BT : Xplod? CD Receiver : In-Car Entertainment : Sony India
2-DIN CD Receiver KW-R900BT | CD Receiver | Car Audio | JVC India
BLAUPUNKT: ?Car Radio

Hello Friends,

I am bit confused with below 3 Head units to install in my Figo. I personally like Blaupunkt but don't know really how good quality it can produce? One of Friend suggested for JVC R900BT but its not available with any Dealers....I have installed few things in my car and they are as follows:-

1) Focal FX Series Components front
2) Auditor 2 Channel AMP to support front components
3) Sony 4 Channel AMP
4) Boston coaxial car speakers
5) JBL BASS Tube

So, the problem is I am not getting great quality sound after spending a BOMB. So, one of my friend told to me change Head Unit and can you please suggest me anything better you guys have in MIND? :)

ALSO, My Bass tube doesn't produce Natural BASS and it produces CHEAP :mad: quality (DHOOM DHOOOOOOOM DHOOM) and I can not hear anything.....I want something simpler but little DEEP BASS. Please HELP :yahoo: THANKS in ADVANCE

WX-GT99BT : Xplod? CD Receiver : In-Car Entertainment : Sony India
2-DIN CD Receiver KW-R900BT | CD Receiver | Car Audio | JVC India
BLAUPUNKT: ?Car Radio
Hi Figo,

All your components looks good, you need someone to tune it properly, regarding the bass ... It depends on what we like. If you know someone who will help you to mix n match things, you can try to connect different subwoofers and see which one you like.. I guess a bass tube will eat a lot of space in your trunk, just tune it correctly and change ur subwoofer.

Head units - you can always go with blaupunkt, you will not regret at any point of time, they are kind of masters. Jvc no idea very few users have, I guess it is attracted by most of the people because of price. Pioneer & Sony are very common head units.

3) Sony 4 Channel AMP

5) JBL BASS Tube

There you go

1. Upgrade to a GOOD 12" boxed sub, in a sealed box if you want quality bass. If you use ported, then if the box is not tuned properly, it can still suck. Estimated budget - around 10K - resale value of your current bass tube.
2. sony amps are crappy. Upgrade to something better. do this after you have gotten a good sub, and if you are still not satisfied

I am using JBL CS1215B (~Rs. 4k) and am happy with its bass, it is sealed enclosure and takes little space. I heard that tubes produce a different type of bass like what you mentioned. It is the tube design I guess that makes it sound like that.

The problem is bass tube is built to provide boomy bass. Try changing your sub with sealed or ported enclosure. That won't be loud & boomy like bass tube but u will get little deeper bass. I would suggest sell your bass tube & get rockford fosgate bass tube or enclosure as rf bass tube also goes very soft & deep. Another thing is never look at any other brand when ur talking about head unit. Blindly go for pioneer. Alpine if u can afford.

Tubes generally produce boomy bass which initially pulls the crowd but after a while it gets annoying. Sealed or ported enclosures deliver better Sound quality. Sound in car depends mostly on choice of equipments and Tuning, inherent traits of hardware is difficult to remove via tuning and the trait of Bass tubes is to be generally boomy.. but at the end of the day it all depends on personal choice...

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back