Heard a small TICK noise in Denon AVR 1713, stopped working

Premblr

Hello fellow members,

I was listening to some music yesterday, evening suddenly heard a small TICK kind of burst from AVR and it stopped working. Mostly some part is blown

Is there a fuse inside Denon 1713? any troble shooting tips which can be carrried locally of the neighborhood TV repair guy?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Prem

PS. Ironically it happened just after I had a good day at What HiFi expo in Ritz Carlton in Bangalore

Opened the AVR for checking fuses, there were two of them. On examining the power supply PCB, found that one IC has blown. PROFX will change the power supply board, any idea of the cost involved? IC 601 as per Denon manual for troubleshooting.IMG_20180903_113734.jpg

Attached is a picture.

Yes, that's what I am trying to do locally with someone. Need to find this IC Number. Since it is blown, can't figure the number. It says IC601 but dont know if that is the number as google search with that term doesn't yield much results.

Last edited:
I would suggest to download the service manual from internet. You can find the IC number in it. If the problem is only with the blown IC, it is very much repairable without replacing the whole Power Supply board.

See if you know any good technician locally who can service it for you. If PROFX is going to replace the whole board, it is going to cost a lot, I believe.

Its not the matter of replacing only chip but try to find out why blowing was caused.Else new will also get damaged.Must be some extra current to the chip or other short circuit on psu board.

Its not the matter of replacing only chip but try to find out why blowing was caused.Else new will also get damaged.Must be some extra current to the chip or other short circuit on psu board.

Don't scare me, thought electronic components do have a shelf like and mine is 5 years now. Fingers crossed.

Which Pro FX, near Lal Bagh? They are knowledgeable guys there, let them investigate the root cause and repair it, rather than give to an untrusted service guy.

MaSh

I am using Denon AVR 2113 from last five years and it's working fine. After every two years, I send it Profx, Mumbai for preventing servicing like cleaning of moisture,Dust, contact, jumper , terminals etc and applications of rustolin and all cost just Rs. 1250/-. This will not only ensure longer life of product but also enhance sound quality.

Update ... update.

Amplifier is back, all working fine as before.

TOP258MG was an easy find as it is a common IC. The tech said some other transistor was blown, didn't bother to ask which one as he charged Rs. 1050.

Happy now. I would have gone to PROFX if it was an issue with amplifier section. This was in the SMPS supply region, I could clearly identify the blown IC. They wouldn't have done this and instead would have changed the power supply board. Saved some money for now.

Thank you all buddies. Keep the faith in Denon.

PS. None of the Audyssey settings had changed. Just started playing as if after a power outage.

Last edited:
Great to know all working.As said somthing else must have been involved other than the chip and it was transistor which must have sent high current or voltage to the chip.

Update ... update.

TOP258MG was an easy find as it is a common IC. The tech said some other transistor was blown, didn't bother to ask which one as he charged Rs. 1050.

Happy now. I would have gone to PROFX if it was an issue with amplifier section. This was in the SMPS supply region, I could clearly identify the blown IC. They wouldn't have done this and instead would have changed the power supply board. Saved some money for now.

PS. None of the Audyssey settings had changed. Just started playing as if after a power outage.
Hi where did you get it rectified? I have denon 2311 HDMI board problem and denon x4200 w red light blinking. Thanks sanjay

Update ... update.

Happy now. I would have gone to PROFX if it was an issue with amplifier section. This was in the SMPS supply

region, I could clearly identify the blown IC. They wouldn't have done this and instead would have changed the power supply board. Saved some money for now.

I just read ur article and I'm Surprised. Im in ur place right now, After opening the AV yestreday realised the Same IC601(TOP258MG) blown as illustrated in pic above. Your article was very helpful to me, glad I found it. I stay in B'lore too (Near RT Nagar). I would be really happy if u guide me get the AV Fixed.
Thank You

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back