" Heart of the matter "..Analog music. What's yours??

prakashsubbanna

Cartridge & Stylus/ Headshell being the most important component of a TT to get that sweet sound.

Thought of having a Photo-op of those combo on your TT. So pls. showcase these critical components.

Mine is running on Shure M 97xe/ Technics Headshell.

4V5A7678_zpsaf59f348.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Everything is important in a vinyl setup:
- VTA, VTF, SRA, Dynamic Compliance, Cartridge, Cartridge Resonance
- Cartridge pins
- Materials, Plinth, Motor, Tolerances, Speed Stability, Platter, Arm, Cartridge, Tonearm wire, Interconnects, Phono stage, Turntable Isolation

The list goes on...it all matters!

Beautiful shot, that is perfect :)

I agree with Shaizada's opinion. Your vinyl set up consider all these bellow parameters, you will never go any other formats.
I used the Same cart with Jico SAS stylus. Just few days back accidentally broken stylus. These are memorable shots of my Shure M97xe.

Everything is important in a vinyl setup:
- VTA, VTF, SRA, Dynamic Compliance, Cartridge, Cartridge Resonance
- Cartridge pins
- Materials, Plinth, Motor, Tolerances, Speed Stability, Platter, Arm, Cartridge, Tonearm wire, Interconnects, Phono stage, Turntable Isolation

Last edited:
@Shaizada, Turntable set-up & the music output is analogues to a Philharmonic Orchestra. Only thing we have to do is to sit and enjoy the music until its time to flip the record. :D Thanks for your appreciation.

@nraghunadh, Those are beautiful images. Window lighting and motion blurr adding to the image. Wooden tonearm...the first for me.!!

@jls001, Cart/stylus combo along with the tone are looks out of the world..:D Wow..!! Btw. can you specify the brand/make of these for the benefit of viewers who are fairly new to these...pls.(including me) :)

Would like to see the entire picture of your TT.

Btw. can you specify the brand/make of these for the benefit of viewers who are fairly new to these...pls.(including me) :)

This TT is a Goldring Lenco L75 idler drive from the late 60s. Swiss made. Plinth is multilayered, made from plywood, MDF and acrylic sandwiched together. Platter is double - stock 8 lbs aluminium platter with a very heavy. (>4 kg, nearly 2 inch thick) acrylic platter stacked on top. Stock bearing has been replaced with something much stronger (to handle all that spinning weight) and of much tighter tolerances.

I have documented the design and build of plinth, platter and bearing here: http://www.hifivision.com/diy/24324-building-plinth-lenco-l75.html

Cartridge is a ZYX RS-30-02 low output MC. Arm is a DIY 12 incher built for me by Raghu (see his post above). He's an artisan:)

Wow, this has somehow been one of the best vinyl threads in this phono/turntables sub-forum in a long time. I am very impressed and proud of what has been accomplished here on many levels...vinyl turntable setups have been crafted here along with a STUNNING DIY tonearm. I'm blown away...very proud of you guys!

here is mine..

a Stock Technics SL23 belt drive from Mr Kuruvila.

The cartridge is Denon DL 103 and i have been having this since a year now i think.

JLS001 helped a lot in fitting the cartridge.

Sounds nice..

Am also using brass cones under the TT for isolation. I think it has helped in better separation ( subtle but discernible )

regards
mpw

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!
Such DIY was beyond my imagination. But now, thinking on the process for a moment and those simple connections, it is do-able.
Thanks friends.

Will I do it for my self?

The possibility to have a tone arm of 12 inch is enticing.

Oh..Beautiful images and superb DIY/set-up. Passion at its best. I am sure we shall be privileged to see many more of these down the line...:clapping::clapping:

Me 1200 in action spinning some Led Zep.

Double mats used here and a record clamp. Bass much tighter with this setup. Italian Reference ICs used here and it's explosive.

Next Steps: Tonearm dampening shortly.

Cheers

4DF2C875-274C-433F-B3F3-E08CDDB9F39E_zps5b9mzshe.jpg

Last edited:
Was listening to some Kishore Kumar on my system, when I saw this thread. My pictures are nowhere close to those posted, but thought I should post my tonearm/cart combination.

The pictures are of DL103 cartridge on EMT 929 tonearm in a EMT headshell. The Turntable is a EMT 938.

Cheers.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 66
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 66
Some fantastic pics of music in motion there. Speaks a lot about one's passion for purity music.
Congrats all for such wonderful setups.
Wondering if I should take the plunge .....

Regards,

@avm, take the plunge at the earliest...you will not regret...One thing's for sure...Lps are flying faster off the shelf than morning b'fast in a restaurant.!! :eek:hyeah:

Yeah. Guess saw a post elsewhere sales of LP hitting record numbers.
There is one TT lurking around the corner and I shall surely sleep over that tonight.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back