Hello Everybody

rahulavachat

Hi, I am Rahul from Pune and I have been a member since many months but remained silent reader as of now. Here I would like to introduce myself and thanks to all active members for keeping the forum very informative for newbies like me.

Thanks once again. Will start actively participating very soon.

Hi, Thanks for the warm welcome. Auditioned a lot of home theatre packages like onkyo, yamaha, pioneer todoroki, sony mu-te-ki and denons. Finally purchased Denon DHT 1311XP. I liked the receiver, its 3D ready, HD Audio, active sub with rich bass and much more. 5 channel Speakers are also good.

Home Renovation is going on so not yet taken the delivery. Eagerly waiting for delivery and installation of HT as well as newly purchased 42 inches Panasonic Plasma.

Will post my experience soon once I have everything set up.

Thanks
Rahul

Welcome rahul
If your really interested in movies its just a matter of time before you buy a projector. Get ready to see the big picture. This forums a great place to get your ideas sorted, problems solved or just plain browsing out of interest.
Have fun.

Welcome Rahul .... :) share some pics of your DENON gear ....:)

Sure Sam, I am hoping it to get installed in 7-8 days from now. Once its set, will post the pictures and will write more about the experience.

congs buddy for your purchase and do add pics asap.. also prost your initial impressions for the same...

pics..

pics....

pics...

Hello Everyone

Finally, i got my Denon DHT 1311XP installed 10 days ago. My overall setup is

- SONY DVD Player
- TATA Sky (Standard Definition)
- Panasonic Viera TH P42A20D 42" plasma HD Ready
- Denon DHT 1311XP (HTiB)

Over all setup and impression about 1311XP
- Easy to setup (I could install it and set it up without using manual)
- Overall good sound quality, enough treble and bass, i kept bass at 75% on active sub
- Easily managable channel levels and speaker distances. I have been trying for various settings for last 8-9 days to get to the best out of it I feel i have achieved near to best as of now. I am not a pro-audio expert so it may take some more time to get to near perfect sound
- Installation, connections were hassle free
- Input asign was easy due to "AUTO" detection
- I do not have HD DVD player neither my DVD player has HDMI out put so all connections made through component cables, co. ax cable.
- I bought Bandridge cables for component, co.ax, sub woofer in etc.
- Tried playing MP3s, audio CDs, the audio restorer does the wonderful job
- tried normal VCDs, DVDs, downloaded high quality movies through USB and 5.1/ dolby surround DVDs. Sound is great. For normal MP3s and Audio CDs i prefer to keep the receiver on Multi Channel Stereo and for Dolby/5.1 DVDs it automatically detects the decoder and reproduces the awsome sound
- I have not used HDMI cable as said above, but soon i am planning to buy BD player to complete the setup based on HDMI

Soon will be uploading pictures of my setup.

Overall, I am happy with the quality sound my HTiB produces. Still expolring more and more setting and fine tunning the setup. I have some queries in AVR setup, soon i will post those queries too. Any hints, help is highly appreciated.

Many Regards
Rahul

Hi Rahul,
Hearty congrats on ur purchase. Am sure u'll cherish d sound from denon as am also in the same league.

Since u r from Pune, I wanted to ask one query re. Cables for Speaker & sub. Am currently on the lookout for decent 16 AWG cables. Since u bought it recently please let me know where did u find a good deal. Also the cost if u don't mind sharing it.

Thanx a lot.

Best regards,
Nikhil

Hi Nikhil

16 Gauage cable (for front, center and surround speakers) was with me from my earlier sony system setup so i used the same one. But you can find that cable very cheap in Budhwar peth, pasodya vithoba area. Thats the core electrical market. You will get variety of the 16 guage cables starting from 13Rs/m to 50Rs/m.

For my powered sub woofer, i bought one 3 meter Sub woofer cable of DAC.

And all other component, coax cables (total 4 cables) etc. i bought the Bandridge cables.

All these cables from Pankaj Music Laxmi Road (Meet Mr. Sandesh). all 4 cables costed me around 2500. Hope this information helps you. Even the same shop has 16 guage cable too.

Best Regards
Rahul

Last edited:
Hi Rahul,
Thanx for your quick reply. I indeed went to an electrical shop near Pasodya Vithoba, but the guy did not understand 16 guage, he told me the thickness was 2.5 mm or something like that for the thickest wire he had. I don't know if that means 16 guage. It was costing Rs 60/ mtr and looked pretty thick and pure copper. He also had a Subwoofer cable for Rs 350.

I also chked at AVxcellence store on Dhole Patil Road but it was very costly cable Rs 110 / mtr. Wire looked solid but was way over my budget. A 3 meter subwoofer cable was quoted around Rs 2500. Don't remember the brands for these cables

I will also chk at Pankaj music as you suggested. Thanx again & have a great day !

Best Regards,
Nikhil.

pics ....pics ....pics ....pics ....pics ....pics ....pics ....pics .... :D :D

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back