Hello everyone. Logitech z906 speakers with my PC with Creative AE-9 Soundcard lacking in bass

nitinvaid20

Hello everyone been using Logitech z906 speakers with my PC right now which has Creative AE-9 Soundcard but i am not satisfied with the sound of it as it lacks base which should be proper not just booooming sound specially Detail and clarity from speakers

So i was just browsing and found out about speakers and SUBS i found on Amazon.in (I i am From INDIA) i looked into some subs and AMPS by Yamaha like " NS-SW050 SUB woofer" "Yamaha RN-803 Amplifier" i know its too much but not able to find any on amazon.in
I am not sure how to connect these with PC i can use the Optical or RCA output via my sound card but i am not sure how much good it will sound and more over i am looking for 2.1 Setup for now can i use 5.1 or 5.2 Ch Amplifier to output only 2.1 ? please do guide me other setup

like which AMP which speakers and which SUB

Budget i can spend total 1 lakh INR around 1400$ USD aroundish

Hello Nitin,
1L is very nice budget to start off. You have mentioned the budget in dollars as well. If you are in US, then the recommendations would definitely vary. If you are in India, please do mention the location.

Sources of purchase -
  1. Offline purchase from the dealer is the best option in terms of pricing. They would be able to price it 5-10 percent below the online prices.
  2. A lot of resellers in Amazon might not be authorized dealers and brands might not honour warranty. You would have to connect with reseller to ascertain before buying.
  3. If you prefer online orders, please do consider hifimart.com which has some of the best priced gears available. There are other vendors available as well. As a general practise, call up the numbers of dealers hosting the online shops and negotiate for additional discounts.
  4. Also, if you are open to used gears, a lot of loved ones come up in the classified sections. you can audition and decide.

Can you explain your existing setup a bit more? I understand that you are using a PC as a source. Are these speakers for nearfield listening (you sit in front of computer and enjoy) or bedroom/living room setup?
If yes, I would suggest to go for Genelec active speakers without a SW. You would have superb audio quality and bass would be no slouch. You would then be buying just a DAC for pre-amplification to give inputs to the active speakers. No need of an amp.

If these for room setup, can you give the dimensions/picture?

To answer your questions on connectivity? As active speakers connectivity is already mentioned below, i am covering the passive setup below.
  1. If you are going for integrated amplifier without a DAC, you would have to connect RCA out from soundcard to audio-in sockets on the amplifier.
  2. If you are going for integrated amplifier with DAC, you can connect the optical out to optical in the amplifier.
  3. You can setup 2.1 from the sound card. All that you have to do is change the speaker set up in audio settings to be a 2.1 or a 2.0 setup. If the amp has SW out, you can setup the speakers to be 2.0 else you can setup the sound card to be 2.1.

Hello Nitin,
1L is very nice budget to start off. You have mentioned the budget in dollars as well. If you are in US, then the recommendations would definitely vary. If you are in India, please do mention the location.

Sources of purchase -
  1. Offline purchase from the dealer is the best option in terms of pricing. They would be able to price it 5-10 percent below the online prices.
  2. A lot of resellers in Amazon might not be authorized dealers and brands might not honour warranty. You would have to connect with reseller to ascertain before buying.
  3. If you prefer online orders, please do consider hifimart.com which has some of the best priced gears available. There are other vendors available as well. As a general practise, call up the numbers of dealers hosting the online shops and negotiate for additional discounts.
  4. Also, if you are open to used gears, a lot of loved ones come up in the classified sections. you can audition and decide.

Can you explain your existing setup a bit more? I understand that you are using a PC as a source. Are these speakers for nearfield listening (you sit in front of computer and enjoy) or bedroom/living room setup?
If yes, I would suggest to go for Genelec active speakers without a SW. You would have superb audio quality and bass would be no slouch. You would then be buying just a DAC for pre-amplification to give inputs to the active speakers. No need of an amp.

To answer your questions on connectivity? As active speakers connectivity is already mentioned below, i am covering the passive setup below.
  1. If you are going for integrated amplifier without a DAC, you would have to connect RCA out from soundcard to audio-in sockets on the amplifier.
  2. If you are going for integrated amplifier with DAC, you can connect the optical out to optical in the amplifier.
  3. You can setup 2.1 from the sound card. All that you have to do is change the speaker set up in audio settings to be a 2.1 or a 2.0 setup. If the amp has SW out, you can setup the speakers to be 2.0 else you can setup the sound card to be 2.1.
Man.... 1st of all thankyou soo much to explain everything this much properly and deeply

Yes I am from India, New delhi
I can buy offline also but I have to look the showrooms where I can get this stuff.
My room is small and I want small speakers with sub, not the towers
If speaker size is like monitor's then I'll be putting those in my computer desk itself

When it comes to amp and speakers I have no idea what to buy what will support which speaker etc ....

Just to give an idea attaching my pc photo

Hello Nitin,

Sources of purchase -

Hi Vivek,

I am getting my AE-9 for me from NEWEGG- NY,USA after 2004-AUDIGY 2 ZS Platinum three year wait from Australia. Building my machine in the first week of Jan 2022 New Year in Z590 UNIFY motherboard which has PCI-E 3.0 Slot

My room length is damn big with a powerful 7.1 or 9.2 mate with a THX certified receiver with powerful JBL or DALI speakers with TOWER and combo or Onkyo THX 7.1 system. Meanwhile will use Z906 connected via optical.

Had enough with G6- External one with 2CH sound from optical which gives fake 5.1 surround- I get the dialogues including front speakers ,waiting for the pure sound via optical 5.1 with from my FLAC, Mp3 - Indian, American , British titles from 90s till now and Blu-ray Collection with Blu-ray rip dumps.

During 2004 - 2007, I used CREATIVE Audigy ZS Platinum(Previous version of AE-9) connected with LOGITECH Z680( Z906 previous version speakers) connected via OPTICAL- replaced with 16 gauged wires.- USED my MP3 and DVD and Dvdrip those days was splendid.

Will be connecting the THX certified 7.1 AV receiver aka home theatre system via optical in the start of 2024.

Need to verify if I am doing the right thing with AE-9 with Z906(I got the speaker wires changed to 16 GUAGE wires already) and will replacing it after a year with an AV receiver connecting with proper speakers.

Kind regards,
Pradeep Rajkumar.
Pollachi, Tamilnadu- South India.

Attachments

• 50d5f90f-9f91-4306-9220-ec6066c4962b.jpg
    50d5f90f-9f91-4306-9220-ec6066c4962b.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 59bb7645-7388-4d50-8e33-9a50075d4bd1.jpg
    59bb7645-7388-4d50-8e33-9a50075d4bd1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210822_180744-min.jpg
    20210822_180744-min.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210822_180749-min.jpg
    20210822_180749-min.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210728_202232-min.jpg
    20210728_202232-min.jpg
    522.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210728_202237 (1).jpg
    20210728_202237 (1).jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back