Hello friends.

Sanjay diwan

I m new here so sorry in advance may be i mistake. I have ATC scm 19 v2 speakers. Previously drive with Roksan Kandy k 2 amp /cd player audiolab 8200 cd/kimber 8tc speakers cable/chord sawline rca. Was very happy with sound but sometimes feel lack in power. Swap with Plinius 9200 .sound go crap dull. Is there any issue with plinius. Pls advice. Thanks

I m new here so sorry in advance may be i mistake. I have ATC scm 19 v2 speakers. Previously drive with Roksan Kandy k 2 amp /cd player audiolab 8200 cd/kimber 8tc speakers cable/chord sawline rca. Was very happy with sound but sometimes feel lack in power. Swap with Plinius 9200 .sound go crap dull. Is there any issue with plinius. Pls advice. Thanks
I have the Atc scm19v2, driven by Luxman 700u amp. Yes ATC's like high power (and amp. has to be rated to produce continuous power into 4 ohms), so Plinius should be perfect, but if the sound has become dull, I suspect something is wrong with the 9200, and since it is an old model - don't know the age of your amp. (I guess it was introduced in 2008 and is discontinued now) there could be some issue with the unit.
Cheers,
Sid

First very thanks all of you for your opinion. I also was thinking that there is some issue in 9200 or may be in my cd player or may be in interconnect cable. My friend have plinius hontuga next generation Amp /cd Cambridge 851 /sound signature little bit change. But same problem not drive properly. Sound very slow. Waiting for you good opinion. Thanks

Nice speakers and setup. since you are noticing the change with the amp it could be due to that as as @sidvee has mentioned the most probable reason could be the amp and related to its age.eg Maybe there are some Capacitors which need a change since the plinius does have the power

What would be informative is if the sound is slower compared to earlier or is it really slow ?

Here is a video where it is driving the SCM40 quite well and i would assume the 19 is an easier drive ( ?)

Maybe you can play the same music via your setup and compare ?

If not do you know some one near you who can take a look to investigate if the caps are fine ? maybe FMs based in delhi and around can also chime in to help.

Did you buy the Plinius used? There were quite a few repaired used Plinius floating around.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back