Hello Guys! Need some help!

PhiLee98

I am confused on what speaker package to select. I will mostly use the home theater package for movies. I have researched and come to chose my AVR as Yamaha rxv485.
Now the speaker package is where I am confused. I already have a harman/kardon hkts 9bq which i bought half a decade ago. Never used it though. My budget is under 40k and have come to a conclusion between these two: elac cinema 5 and polk audio tl1600. Which is better according to you guys? I have never built a home theater and am new to all this. My room is 18x12ft.
Thanks!

Hi

Welcome to the forum

It is recommended to go for bigger driver based speakers than satellites. The performance will be better (mostly).

You may consider Taga Harmony 606 special edition, it is 5.0 package which will be available under40k.

Considering your room size you may go for a 7.2 AV Reciever so that you can add ceiling speakers (Atmos) or add surround backs to make your setup 7.1 later.

If you want slim speakers, you can consider Sonodyne IWO series.

If you want to spend more at this time, you may consider building step by step.
Start with AVR+2.0, then add surrounds, center, subwoofer etc.

Regards,

+1 to htuser and welcome to the forum.

For 40k, get the best floor standers now and enjoy 2 ch for a while.....keep adding good matching speakers for other channels later. Point being that the speakers are the heart of any setup.....second is the amplification and then the cabling. Cheers.

you can try exploring Q Acoustics movie pkg spkrs as well, Great value for money and superb performance
Thanks for your reply! I think I'm leaning towards a 2.0/3.0 setup with avr being Yamaha rxv485 and surround l&r being polk audio s15, center as polk audio s30.

I auditioned polk tl1600 an year ago and as far as i remember it's very good for movies for it's price.
It's not very musical.
As suggested above, you should also check out taga 5.0 package
Other option would be wharfedale dx2 package.

I auditioned polk tl1600 an year ago and as far as i remember it's very good for movies for it's price.
It's not very musical.
As suggested above, you should also check out taga 5.0 package
Other option would be wharfedale dx2 package.
thanks for your reply! Someone commented it's not worthwhile going after satellite small speakers and bookshelves are much better. So i think i might be okay with a 2.0/3.0 setup for a while and upgrade later

thanks for your reply! Someone commented it's not worthwhile going after satellite small speakers and bookshelves are much better. So i think i might be okay with a 2.0/3.0 setup for a while and upgrade later

First, Welcome to the forum. Being in the Introductions section, a bit about you would have been nice.

There is a whole lot of threads on receivers, speakers, cables, etc in the What To Buy section. You could glance through that and get an idea.

I would suggest, start Slow. Just get a pair of good front speakers and maybe a Sub for a 2.1 setup. Later on either move the speakers to the back for surround and get better bigger front speakers or a similar pair along with a Center to make it a 5.1 setup. After this, you should have a very good idea, of what to do then, add more speakers, upgrade speakers, upgrade the receiver, etc.

MaSh

It's always a good idea to start slow and upgrade

Mostly, due to space and budget constraints people go for speaker packages.

I am confused on what speaker package to select. I will mostly use the home theater package for movies. I have researched and come to chose my AVR as Yamaha rxv485.
Now the speaker package is where I am confused. I already have a harman/kardon hkts 9bq which i bought half a decade ago. Never used it though. My budget is under 40k and have come to a conclusion between these two: elac cinema 5 and polk audio tl1600. Which is better according to you guys? I have never built a home theater and am new to all this. My room is 18x12ft.

+1 for Taga TAV series 5.0 speaker package for 25K and add a standalone sub for your remaining budget.. Would make it a solid start..

Small 5.1 HT packages are sometimes compromised with small satellite speakers (or) smaller sub..

Choose, what you prefer / like..

Hi, I auditioned Elac cinema 5 and i am so much impressed with it. The clarity and bass response is unmatched at that price. I tried polk tl 1600 as well, but for me Elac is the best. Polk is kind of bright sounding. And i heard a hum noise from polk subwoofer even when no signal is passed which is a no go. Elac is good for music as well.
Hope this will help you.

Yes I too heard Elac Cinema 5 is way better than Polk Blackstone for music Where you auditioned elac ? I am from Chennai and try to check elac demo ? Can u pls help ?

Yes I too heard Elac Cinema 5 is way better than Polk Blackstone for music Where you auditioned elac ? I am from Chennai and try to check elac demo ? Can u pls help ?
In Chennai you can audition elac cinema 5 in audioholic near thirumalaivoyal

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back