Hello to all/ need advice on subwoofers

Ravi

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum. It is wonderful to be here and learn so much from each one of you all. Though my journey to be an audiophile began some time ago I still consider myself to be only a tenderfoot.Hence I will begin my entry into this fourm with the following query to all the audiophile members/experts out there.

Is it necessary to invest in an expenisve subwoofer like Velodyne for audio purposes? Or any other decent subwoofer could do? I would like to believe that I have a nice system (Marantz PM 7004 + Marantz cd 5004 + Tannoy DC 6 revolution (Book shelves) and a Paradigm Monitor 7 V4 (FS).

I mostly listen to lounge music plus indian instrumental.

Pls advice. Many thanx.

Hi Ravi

Greetings and welcome. I personally dont think that the only way to satisfaction is by a big ticket route,so the best way to do it is to audition a few subwoofers and decide for yourself.

Well expensive does not necessarily mean better.
Since music is your primary concern, look at sealed boxes as opposed to ported ones.
with certain instrumenal music which features pipe organs and other instruments which hit pretty low bass notes. look at subs that can hit fairly low

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back