Hello

parthabhatta

Hello & good morning to all.
I had registered in this forum long back, I could never post and occasionally went through various threads, hardware and software sources. Yesterday while going through this thread, I was tempted to post after reading this post of @entsurgeon in which his feelings about SADMA songs (O babua O Mahua) is exactly the same as with me. I had forgotten that I was already registered and then on logging in I was advised to intorduce myself and I thought why not.
I am from North Barrackpore (25 kms away from Kolkata) and had been into HiFi since 1986 with a Panasonic Integrated Amplifier and a matching speakers of Panasonic and that opened my ears for hifi music. After many changeovers, my present system stands as under:
1. NAKAMICHI 480 Tape Deck (Under repair now - belt changes etc). Expect to receive shortly
2. AKAI CS-F12 Tape Deck - Needs minor repairs too - Not in Use now.
3. MARANTZ CD 72 MK II Audio CD Player
4. SONY Blue Ray Player BDP-S1100
5. PIONEER FM Tuner TX-930
6. XBMC Player (Made by me from Raspberry Pi with add on soundcard from hifiberry attached to two HDD, one 1 Tb & one 2Tb)
7. PYLE PRO PLTTB1 - 2 nos Turntables, one going through basic Pyle Pro 444 phono premap and connected with default cartridge (perhaps OEM AT 3400 which runs with a default conical stylus, for which I have ordered and elliptical upgrade of pfanstiehl stylus which is yet to arrive). The other one with a AT95E cartridge connected to a DoukAudio Phono Tube PreAmp. This one arrived just a week back and is yet to break in.
8. All the above passes through a AUDIO ALCHEMY DLC - Basically used as source selector by me keeping volume at 00, although its a very good pre-amp (Remote Broken, Runs with universal remote which are not fully functional).
9. I had a NAD 3240 PE as amp (earlier to which I had NAD 3020, Technics SU v5) which I replaced with a T Amp (Dayton DTA 100A), four years back and I love this amp. All my amps were bought used except the Dayton one and they served me very well.
10. Finally I have a pair of BOSE 401 speakers, purchased used in 1998, and still running fantastic and I love the speaker.

11. Other Audio gadgets : BOSE SoundLink III
12. IPod Classic 4G 20 GB: Purchased in 2005 and recently modded it replacing the HDD (HDD was running good though) with a 32 GB CF card.

I listen to Hindi FIlm songs and is hard core Pancham fan since my childhood days (I am 54 now). I used to shout and sing "PIYA TU AB TOO AAJA" while taking bath in bathroom when I was in standard 5/6 and enjoy that very much. Occasionally I hear Bengali songs too, mostly composed by Pancham, and I love Srikanto Acharya songs too.

By other hobbies - I am basically in love with flashing custom ROMs in mobiles and I am a member of forum.xda-developers.com since long with same user name.

I also love photography and have a DSLR since long (CANON 30D) but somehow or other its my secondary hobby, only using the camera when on tour - single or family.

BTW, hope to be active in the forum as I am into vinyl once again after 15 years and will need the expert guidance from various knowledgeable members and regulars in this forum.

Regards.
Partha

Hello & good morning to all.
I had registered in this forum long back, I could never post and occasionally went through various threads, hardware and software sources. Yesterday while going through this thread, I was tempted to post after reading this post of @entsurgeon in which his feelings about SADMA songs (O babua O Mahua) is exactly the same as with me. I had forgotten that I was already registered and then on logging in I was advised to intorduce myself and I thought why not.
I am from North Barrackpore (25 kms away from Kolkata) and had been into HiFi since 1986 with a Panasonic Integrated Amplifier and a matching speakers of Panasonic and that opened my ears for hifi music. After many changeovers, my present system stands as under:
1. NAKAMICHI 480 Tape Deck (Under repair now - belt changes etc). Expect to receive shortly
2. AKAI CS-F12 Tape Deck - Needs minor repairs too - Not in Use now.
3. MARANTZ CD 72 MK II Audio CD Player
4. SONY Blue Ray Player BDP-S1100
5. PIONEER FM Tuner TX-930
6. XBMC Player (Made by me from Raspberry Pi with add on soundcard from hifiberry attached to two HDD, one 1 Tb & one 2Tb)
7. PYLE PRO PLTTB1 - 2 nos Turntables, one going through basic Pyle Pro 444 phono premap and connected with default cartridge (perhaps OEM AT 3400 which runs with a default conical stylus, for which I have ordered and elliptical upgrade of pfanstiehl stylus which is yet to arrive). The other one with a AT95E cartridge connected to a DoukAudio Phono Tube PreAmp. This one arrived just a week back and is yet to break in.
8. All the above passes through a AUDIO ALCHEMY DLC - Basically used as source selector by me keeping volume at 00, although its a very good pre-amp (Remote Broken, Runs with universal remote which are not fully functional).
9. I had a NAD 3240 PE as amp (earlier to which I had NAD 3020, Technics SU v5) which I replaced with a T Amp (Dayton DTA 100A), four years back and I love this amp. All my amps were bought used except the Dayton one and they served me very well.
10. Finally I have a pair of BOSE 401 speakers, purchased used in 1998, and still running fantastic and I love the speaker.

11. Other Audio gadgets : BOSE SoundLink III
12. IPod Classic 4G 20 GB: Purchased in 2005 and recently modded it replacing the HDD (HDD was running good though) with a 32 GB CF card.

I listen to Hindi FIlm songs and is hard core Pancham fan since my childhood days (I am 54 now). I used to shout and sing "PIYA TU AB TOO AAJA" while taking bath in bathroom when I was in standard 5/6 and enjoy that very much. Occasionally I hear Bengali songs too, mostly composed by Pancham, and I love Srikanto Acharya songs too.

By other hobbies - I am basically in love with flashing custom ROMs in mobiles and I am a member of forum.xda-developers.com since long with same user name.

I also love photography and have a DSLR since long (CANON 30D) but somehow or other its my secondary hobby, only using the camera when on tour - single or family.

BTW, hope to be active in the forum as I am into vinyl once again after 15 years and will need the expert guidance from various knowledgeable members and regulars in this forum.

Regards.
Partha

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back