Help buying a 65" plasma

awedeophile

Hi,

I want to buy a 65" Plasma and am looking at either the P65VT20 or P65VT30. The specifications for both are similar but the VT30 is Rs. 30,000 more.

Does anyone have any experience with these and can tell me the difference in the 2?

Are there any equally good/better 65" Plasmas available?

Thanks

Hi,

I want to buy a 65" Plasma and am looking at either the P65VT20 or P65VT30. The specifications for both are similar but the VT30 is Rs. 30,000 more.

Does anyone have any experience with these and can tell me the difference in the 2?

Are there any equally good/better 65" Plasmas available?

Thanks

Have a look at samsung 65f8500 plasma . Great tv .Having some offers also now if not im wrong.There is a separate thread by Shaiju Thomas in this forum.

Mate, I guess you have the below mentioned options currently..

1. VT30 (65") - should be able to get for approx 1.75 lac subject to stock
2. ST50 (65") - should be able to get for sub 2 lac subject to stock as there were extremely few pieces available during the peak season as wel..
3. F8500 (64") - approx 1.9 lac...you should take a demo...recommended by a lot of FMs

I personally have a VT30 (65")....extremely happy with it...excellent blacks...no fbr or any issues so far...amazing sound for a flat panel (has sub woofers)...bought this when my VT20 (50") went bad and i got a refund from panasonic..not much diff between both except for better blacks on VT30 comparatively...watch in THX hence not much playing around with settings to check actual difference..

i would not want to recommend VT30 now as it is a 3 year old model and panny is almost out of plasma from India hence doubtful about the service you will get in future..you might end up with a LCD or refund ....1 year back maybe the purchase would have made sense...

stretch the budget and get the F8500............totally worth it, might get it for Rs 1.8L. VT30 , though award winning plasma is retired now. Samsung F8500 would be recommended.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Will look at the Samsung tomorrow.
Any idea where I can get it online for 1.80?

Don't think I will find it in my city (Amritsar).

The reason I was considering a Panasonic is because I've had the 50" for about 4-5 years now and it works flawlessly.

Hi,

I went to 2 Samsung stores. Neither had the 64" in stock or demo. They showed me a 51" series 5 plasma and said that the 64" would be better being a series 8.

In my opinion, the Samsung 51" was nowhere close to my Panasonic. Will the series 8 be significantly better?

Hi

Have the 65" Samsung Plasma and it is worth every penny you also can check out the reviews online. Plus you hv Samsung after sale available everywhere. Ideally u need to get the large sizes Plasma TV's calibrated to get the best picture.

Regards

Arvind

I agree that Samsung 64F8500 is a real deal. Although VT20/30 are both very good TVs, they are 4 and 3 year old models respectively.

Age of the model is not important. What's important to me is the performance.
The 51" Samsung (series 4) I saw today was very average. Hence, wondering if there is a substantial difference between the series 4 and the series 8 (64" Samsung).

The F8500 is available for 1,97,299 on Snapdeal and Infibeam. Is that a good price or is it available cheaper?

Since I was replying from mobile (like now), I did not elaborate in detail. What I meant was age matters only when there is substantial improvement in later models. Otherwise, as you said, it does not. I think that there is substantial improvement to the point that I think that ST50 is as good as VT30. Of course, I have not compared the two side by side, but basing my statement purely on tech specs. The F8500 from Samsung is far superior. Don't base your assumption on the other Samsung you saw. You can confirm this with fm shaiju Thomas.

Age of the model is not important. What's important to me is the performance.
The 51" Samsung (series 4) I saw today was very average. Hence, wondering if there is a substantial difference between the series 4 and the series 8 (64" Samsung).

The 4 series 51f4900 is 720p plasma entry model. 5 series 51f5500 is mid end full hd.
8 series is the flagship model.

Saw the 64F8500 in Ezone Koramangala today, price quoted was 2,12,000. A soundbar worth 20k was also being offered free along with it. They were ready to reduce the price further if i was willing to negotiate, but i did not as have not decided anything yet.

Hi,

I booked the 64F8500 for 2,02,900 including the soundbar from a dealer here. Thanks everyone for your help..

I hope you took the extended warranty. Failure rates are rather high these days. and so are support lifetimes.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back