Help checking the panel usage hours for new LG oled 55B6

argurpreet321

Hey guys
I have almost finalized the 55 inch oled b6. Thanks for all the valuable input.
I just need to know how to check the panel usage hours of the new tv. This model is out of stock almost everywhere. So there is high chance of somebody trying to slip me a demo piece. I want to safeguard against that. So please any of the b6 owners can share how to check hours on the tv and anything else I can check to verify its a new piece?
Thanks

Thats easy enough but can it be reset back to zero before delivery?

I haven't tried it but from what i have heard, a factory reset will reset the counter.

Also, if you look at the General settings, there is a "in store mode". In this setting all the settings are reset after a predefined time. I suspect display pieces will be hard detect because of this.

so there is no proper way to check the usage of the 55 B6 oled usage?

a display piece will always show some physical sign that it has been open for a long time. Packaging will also different than the original packaging

Aside the telltale signs of screw mounts (wall mount or stand mount) / finger prints / dust on the rear side, check for the film (like a mobile screenguard) on the panel. It should not have been removed. Shouldn't have any tiny air bubbles or dust between film and panel.

BTW, LG recommends that the film be removed immediately after installation / before use.

True, as most of u said, it's not that difficult to know whether it's a display peice or a brand new sealed. A display peice will always have tell tale signs of it being used and as @trevor Penn rightly pointed sealed pack will have a film.. On the display or not.. I don't know but there is definitely on on the bezels which cannot be reapplied. Period

I don't think you should worry too much if it reads 0 in usage. A lot of things are mere speculation. Don't let that keep you from buying this terrific television.

Most of oleds are tested quite thoroughly before passing it so sometimes it can show some usage time

Just go ahead and buy this master piece...
I got mine yesterday

LG is restricting the production of the 2016 OLEDS as they are gearing to launch the 2017 Models.

Its advised to wait for 2017 models as they have significantly improved it from last generation of Oleds.

Got the delivery today. Was a completely sealed piece. Checked the panel usage hours. Showed 0. Happy n satisfied...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the delivery today. Was a completely sealed piece. Checked the panel usage hours. Showed 0. Happy n satisfied...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm getting my C7 OLED today. I'd greatly appreciate the steps you took to ensure that they are not delivering a demo piece. How to check from the TV itself how many hours it has been used and what else to look for. Thanks in advance!

I dont think the counters in the "InStart" service menu get reset. It also tells you how many compensation cycles have run for both RSoff (auto comp) and JB (manual comp).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hi, today I bought LG OLED C7 55 inch and installation also done. Checked the package, it was clean without any dust but when I check the total power on time it shows 720 hours. Plz guide me whether this is display piece if so how can I escalate this issue.. to get the replacement
you got a display unit for sure. All of us got 0 hrs in power on time. Contact your dealer & ask him to replace it.

I just bought the C8 today and the dealer has ensured a sealed pack piece, but I saw the display piece there and it had a power on time of only 1 hour, had film on the screen as well. I don’t suppose they would have installed the tv just today or day before. I have noted the serial no. of the piece but they have multiple showrooms and they can easily send a display piece from someother showroom.
Is there a sure short way of finding that I do not get a display piece. Will the LG technician be able to verify it.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back