HELP: Creating an extended shelf for EPSON EH TW8100 on back wall & more suggestions

moviemaniac

Finally all set to fulfill my dream of a dedicated home theater room in my soon to be shifted new flat. Have decided to go for the EPSON EH TW8100
Now issue is the room is 12X10 ...This room ends at 12 feet with a fully sliding glass french window followed by a small balcony of 3 feet depth. Now I can only extended this room depth to 15 feet after few months and not presently bec of builder n OC issues :(

I was thinking of creating a shelf inside the back wall and extending that shelf backwards to place the projector inside it. Now the dimensions of EPSON EH TW8100 are Width x Height X Depth - 466mm X 140mm X 395mm
Behind the back wall is a passage that leads to another bedroom. So I can have the liberty of extending that shelf portion on my back wall.
The air intake and exhaust of the Epson EH TW8100 is in front.
Spoke to one of our most helpful members of the forum just4kix few days back and his response to go ahead with such a shelf was encouraging :D

Need your inputs on the following -

1) - If I have to do this shelf inside the wall ... ideally how much should be the space allocated? How much space should I leave on sideways, behind and above of the projector?

2) - I am presently having a Denon 1909 AVR and SONY BDP S580 region free blu-ray player..now considering the epson model is a 3D one would I have to change my Denon 1909? or how do I manage to watch 3D on this one?

3) - I am going for Tangent Audio Millenium Series (5.1) floor standers and surround speakers that I am buying from SANEN Audio. Can anyone suggest me good interconnecting cables and the right place to buy them? Budget is not really an issue but don't wanna go for the extremely costly ones.

4) - I already own 8 inch sub woofer in my present 5.1 HT ... now the Tanget one is coming along with a 10inch sub... The Sanen fellow told me I can still use the old one along the new one and make it a 5.2 despite the fact that my AVR is 7.1 ..He said he will do some connect. Does this work?

Thanks for reading through the long piece above ... Your suggestions and advices are most welcome :)

Last edited:
Re: HELP: Creating an extended shelf for EPSON EH TW8100 on back wall & more suggesti

Lets start of with a sketch or pictures of your room- showing all 4 walls with dimensions - Length, width and Height

What size screen are you planning to use?

We can help you from there

Re: HELP: Creating an extended shelf for EPSON EH TW8100 on back wall & more suggesti

Lets start of with a sketch or pictures of your room- showing all 4 walls with dimensions - Length, width and Height

What size screen are you planning to use?

We can help you from there

Thanks Thtpro ...

As mentioned above the room is 12X10 (9.6) to be exact ...
I am looking at a 110 inch motorised screen

Will post the sketch n some more better pics tommrw but check these 3 (sorry for the cell phone quality pics taken in almost semi darkness)

1 - The screen will come here (you can see the extended balcony beyond the french window)

2 - The back wall where the seating would come its 9.6 feet wall to wall

3 - The shelf inside the wall will have to come below the beam on this back wall

Finally the set up is almost ready.. will post pics soon -

Epson EH TW8100 .. Sony BDP 580 .. Denon 2311 ..
All speakers connected but it has been confusing setting up the Denon :( .. anyone with Denon 2311 aka 891 here?

great update..awating pics..
btw you made sony br player region free..greta..will you please share methods for everyone's help
thanks..

great update..awating pics..
btw you made sony br player region free..greta..will you please share methods for everyone's help
thanks..

Will definitely post pics by tomrw .. Well I din't make it region free.. I bought it region free from the US from Bombay Electronics .. they shipped here to India :)

great info buddy..really gteat..i had no idea bombay electrnics ship to india..thanks
landed cost?

great info buddy..really gteat..i had no idea bombay electrnics ship to india..thanks
landed cost?

This was June 2012

Sony BDP-S580 MultiRegion BluRay DVD Player 110-240volts : 1 : 339.00

Discount : -16.95
Subtotal : 322.05
Shipping : 87.50
TOTAL : 409.55

Had requested them to make a lesser price invoice for shipping which they did of quoting amt of player as $ 100 .. this saved me customs duty .. was lucky to get charged only Rs. 430

a great buy indeed..a great buy..congratulations..
however awating pj shots pics..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back