Help design MTM speaker

kcnanand

Dear All,
Planning to convert my earlier TM build using peerless India SM16IH drivers to a MTM design. Main aim is to increase the sound output and also my ta2022 amp seems to work better with 4 ohm speakers.
Can anyone help me out with a reference design for a similar speakers on which i can base my diy project.
Do i need to completely change my x-over design? current speakers using a 2nd order butterworth diy x-over.
please help with inputs/suggestions. thanks

Dear All,
Planning to convert my earlier TM build using peerless India SM16IH drivers to a MTM design. Main aim is to increase the sound output and also my ta2022 amp seems to work better with 4 ohm speakers.
Can anyone help me out with a reference design for a similar speakers on which i can base my diy project.
Do i need to completely change my x-over design? current speakers using a 2nd order butterworth diy x-over.
please help with inputs/suggestions. thanks

How doeas your current one look? I'm not familiar with that. rgs UpperCut

It is not visible but IF your baffle does remove easily but IF YES I would say make a new baffle (but again is the volume suited?) - anyway I think you should build a new one - well, I would! because in the end it will be more problems and you would use much mopre time to do it all.
You would have to re-develop the X-Over so that it is using two 4 Ohm speaker Etc. Etc.

rgs UppewrCut

It is not visible but IF your baffle does remove easily but IF YES I would say make a new baffle (but again is the volume suited?) - anyway I think you should build a new one - well, I would! because in the end it will be more problems and you would use much mopre time to do it all.
You would have to re-develop the X-Over so that it is using two 4 Ohm speaker Etc. Etc.

rgs UppewrCut

Will be making new cabinet. need pointers towards any reference designs, size etc for similar speakers.
will be using two 8 ohm speakers in parallel to get a 4 ohm load. will it still need a completely new x-over or any way to adjust the current one?

Will be making new cabinet. need pointers towards any reference designs, size etc for similar speakers.
will be using two 8 ohm speakers in parallel to get a 4 ohm load. will it still need a completely new x-over or any way to adjust the current one?

I really think the Internet is best for that! I found so many strait off when searching . Here is one which could be of value? https://forums.audioholics.com/foru...ed-by-dennis-murphy-and-paul-kittinger.68531/

rgs UpperCut

The SPL of SM16IH is 90 db and of the tweeter is 93.44 . In my first build i had attenuated the tweeter by around 4 db to get a match.
When using dual woofers is the the L-Pad required? do in need to attenuate the tweeter?
thanks

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back