Help finding my Perfect headphones

gyaani

Hello hifi enthusiasts!

Usage is English movies + audiobooks.
Ideal headphone - Bluetooth, 15+ hours battery, volume/next/previous/pause buttons,
, produces clear english dialogues even for 5.1 content, doesn't cost a bomb ;), on-ear

'Nice To Have' - aux port, design that allows use when lying down, not break easily, slim ear area design.
The last one is just a afterthought, because I am not sure why the ear area of a headphone is so fat compared to the band area...

Current headphone - tantra groove . It is breaking after 1.4 years of use. Still completely useable though, but its bad for understanding english dialogues, something which I recently realized after checking different headphones in a shop.

Thanks

I can buy from USA.
Budget - Rs 3000.

Last edited:
that is a good price for an earphone, not a headphone. you can look for koss porta pro if sound quality is important than wireless.

Nah, wireless are a must.
I initally got into wireless because wired ones breaked easily. But wireless are just so conveinent to use, plus they have pause/previous buttons, which are a requirement for audiobooks

Gyaani, try to increase budget. if you don't have it now, wait and save up for it. The reason being, the headphones starting at 15 K give amazing value for money, they can sustain bit of abuse and offer you the listening experience that you missed out on those 3K ones. Look at it more from investment perspective. It is not uncommon to hear these headphone are kept for long time - a decade sometimes. In that sense, what you are actually investing from quality perspective is worth it. Do read about it and check out.

If I sacrifice sound quality ? Then is 3k enough for my requirements ?

I am not an audiophile.

Anything which fits your budget in amazon will be fine with the features you need. They all are more or less the same. Just 'follow the stars' in Amazon.

Sennheiser's are great. Also look at Grado, especially if you can score it from US.

I got couple of team members in US. While I can spend more, I dont want to.. given the range and options available and this is for general hearing using a mobile phone and no studio work. The Tin T2 and KZ series seems to offer VFM and I did order one of the KZ ones for 20 dollars - Yet to receive. Now I did read good reviews about the Samson SR 850 - some say its comparable to Grado 60i. In India a pair is available for 3900 and a single one for 3400! I want different types of headphones as both my wife and I go for long morning walks and also take long public transports to office. So the IEMs are good for walks and dont mind a decent large over the ear ones for public transport..your views please on the SR 850 pls given at 2000 its cheaper than Amazon US.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back