Help for Munnar

dmk

Hi to Every One

Am planning to go munnar during my visit to India This month.
can any one help to find the good hotel in munnar.

i dont want to for away from town for security reasons
can some one help to get right hotel in munnar.

Thanks in advance.

dmk, I donno if you are looking for luxury/basic accomodation. But try the Kannan Devan Hills Club, its a nice place. Its got this old world cottage like look. Its close to town.
Most of the posh places are near Suryanelli area.

dmk, I donno if you are looking for luxury/basic accomodation. But try the Kannan Devan Hills Club, its a nice place. Its got this old world cottage like look. Its close to town.
Most of the posh places are near Suryanelli area.
Titus, are you speaking about High Ranges Club(HRC)? I stayed there twice, fantastic old world feel. Would like to go there again (and again). What is Suryanelli area known for?

Dmk, would recommend HRC to you. Check out their website and book.

If you plan to reside a bit away from town, then there is a place called Kanthalloor which is a bit far away from Munnar town, it is near to Marayoor. I went for a trip there around 2 months back and the place is excellent. Kanthalloor is around 5000 feet above from sea-level and is colder always. We stayed in a cottage which is surrounded by forests. Let me know if u want more info.

If you plan to reside a bit away from town, then there is a place called Kanthalloor which is a bit far away from Munnar town, it is near to Marayoor. I went for a trip there around 2 months back and the place is excellent. Kanthalloor is around 5000 feet above from sea-level and is colder always. We stayed in a cottage which is surrounded by forests. Let me know if u want more info.

Thanks for your info

As am going with my wife father mother and my 2 kids i dont want to stay away and inside forest

I need Basic and full fill all requirements during my stay. i am not intersted in High range accomdation.
What was your requirement by the way? High Ranges is just the name, it is not in the high mountain ranges or something. It is close to town, fantastic courteous staff, well and cleanly maintained, great food, they have a golf course as a part of the club etc.

For the kind of requirement look at Club Mahindra. I have stayed there twice and the rooms and service are very good.

Cheers
Venkat, is Club Mahindra not far from the town? I went to Munnar for off-roading with some fellow Jeepers. Some of them stayed at Club Mahindra and said it was around 8km from Munnar town.

Santosh, i think hrc is different from kdhc. The latter's k.d officers club,but rent out rooms.
You are right club mahindra, sterling all are near devikulam, suryanelli. The latter place was in the news for all the wrong reasons at a time. Anairankal dam is nearby btw.
Venkat, is Club Mahindra not far from the town? I went to Munnar for off-roading with some fellow Jeepers. Some of them stayed at Club Mahindra and said it was around 8km from Munnar town.

There is nothing in Munnar town. The Club overlooks a large tea estate and you can go for long walks on empty roads. There are also numerous waterfalls nearby that you can look at. The Club also arranges for a tour of important places, if you want. We just stayed at the resort, went for walks, and found the place peaceful.

Cheers

Hi,

My views are below..

I stayed in Munnar for 4 days and deceided not to visit again, due to very very narrow roads during the travel and also less place to venture with family on our own like other hillstation.

100% it is suitable for some honeymooners who prefer not to venture outside for a long time and it is more suitable like adventurous riders(Jeepers-Bikers) who will venture on own.

I stayed in Munnar Woods resort Munnar Woods Resort (Munnar, India) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor and love the same, just on the main road towards aluva on the left side from Munnar.

I could visit the KTDC cottages and found it is good and located in a nice place / Tea county is also good / Mahindra is well before munnar and located in a seperate calm place and heard from few of my friends that we can cook on our own too there..

Have a safe and nice trip..and well prepared and have sufficients stock of vomitstop tablets.

What was your requirement by the way? High Ranges is just the name, it is not in the high mountain ranges or something.

hahaha ! - what you are telling is too funny santhol2 -

dmk is only meaning high range of rupees (costly):)

There is nothing in Munnar town. The Club overlooks a large tea estate and you can go for long walks on empty roads. There are also numerous waterfalls nearby that you can look at. The Club also arranges for a tour of important places, if you want. We just stayed at the resort, went for walks, and found the place peaceful.

Cheers
Yes Venkat, places to see are Top Station, Eravikulam Sanctuary and the area around the dam. I consider myself to be fortunate to be able to experience Munnar in a very very special way. Detailed post with pics coming up:). But OP is not clear with requirements but wants to fulfill all of them. From post quoted below, he does not want to stay away, so am assuming he does not want to stay away from town:).

As am going with my wife father mother and my 2 kids i dont want to stay away and inside forest

EDIT:
hahaha ! - what you are telling is too funny santhol2 -

dmk is only meaning high range of rupees (costly):)
Lol Suri. Dunno what DMK is after, so until he returns to this thread and explicitly shares his requirement, we'll keep shooting in the dark:).

But OP is not clear with requirements but wants to fulfill all of them. From post quoted below, he does not want to stay away, so am assuming he does not want to stay away from town:). Dunno what DMK is after, so until he returns to this thread and explicitly shares his requirement, we'll keep shooting in the dark:).

ok i know what OP wants - he is a man after my own soul (seeing that i am an ardent admirer of Kalaignar Karunanidhi) -

Google Image Result for http://www.topnews.in/files/Keerthi-Chawla.jpg

so i tell what dmk wants -

good , clean family type accommodation (vegetarian strict - no drinks allowed - dmk will get his own sherbet) in the centre of munnar town - if AC room is there - good - should be in the range of rupees 2500 -3000 maximum per day for family - and trekking we will do ourselves - thank you.

[

so i tell what dmk wants -

good , clean family type accommodation (vegetarian strict - no drinks allowed - dmk will get his own sherbet) in the centre of munnar town - if AC room is there - good - should be in the range of rupees 2500 -3000 maximum per day for family - and trekking we will do ourselves - thank you.[/QUOTE]

Your absolutely correct i need same as you said above, guddus for you that what am thinking you say is correct.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back