Help in buying a silent split Ac

Love4sound

Dear Fm’s

I need a very silent split Ac 1 ton for my main bedroom which is also where I have set my HT. I sit exactly below the ac and my current AC is noisy and I can clearly hear the blower and motor noise while watching movies.

I have a couple of the Mitsubishi MSY-GN13VFs. Based on my experience with these, and the fact that they were chosen for their ability to operate at low noise levels, I'd suggest you take a look.

I have a couple of the Mitsubishi MSY-GN13VFs. Based on my experience with these, and the fact that they were chosen for their ability to operate at low noise levels, I'd suggest you take a look.
Thanks will definitely look at this model. How is their service and how long have you been using it?

No, but when I was in India, I had this in my mind specifically for the same reason of low noise operation.
I checked the site and as per specs they are rated at 26-28db where as Mitsubishi is rated at 18-19 dB . So interms of silent operations I think the Mitsubishi is good on paper. Let’s wait for owners feed back.

Hi Navin,
I installed Mitsubishi Electric 1.5 ton, Mr. Slim model around 2 years back. Got it installed specifically for the Marantz receiver which use to get very hot in 5.1 mode especially during summers.
It's quite silent and cools the room very fast but it is not an invertor ac. The Mitsubishi technician suggested me a non invertor model since the AC usage was limited to music or movie watching. If you are planning to use the AC very often then go for the invertor ones since it saves on bills and the compressor action is continuous like a car accelerator gradually increasing or reducing as per the cooling requirement reducing abrupt voltage fluctuations by not turning on or going off. With your Vertex, you needn't worry about voltage fluctuations.
In India Mitsubishi has 2 sister concerns which produce AC's. Mitsubishi Electric and Mitsubishi heavy industries. Service and parts in India is easier for Mitsubishi Electric. Was initially considering Diakin but was told that quality of parts are not like before.
Pls ask the technician what capacity AC is appropriate for your room size since in small to medium room size a 1 ton may suffice. For my room size 14 ft Length X 11 Ft height and width , 1 ton is adequate.
During late night music listening, I can hear a slight draft noise when the fan is at medium speed which is not a deal breaker. At other times I don't notice the noice at all. At any cost avoid aluminium coil ac's & go for copper only.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi Navin,
I installed Mitsubishi Electric 1.5 ton, Mr. Slim model around 2 years back. Got it installed specifically for the Marantz receiver which use to get very hot in 5.1 mode especially during summers.
It's quite silent and cools the room very fast but it is not an invertor ac. The Mitsubishi technician suggested me a non invertor model since the AC usage was limited to music or movie watching. If you are planning to use the AC very often then go for the invertor ones since it saves on bills and the compressor action is continuous like a car accelerator gradually increasing or reducing as per the cooling requirement reducing abrupt voltage fluctuations by not turning on or going off. With your Vertex, you needn't worry about voltage fluctuations.
In India Mitsubishi has 2 sister concerns which produce AC's. Mitsubishi Electric and Mitsubishi heavy industries. Service and parts in India is easier for Mitsubishi Electric. Was initially considering Diakin but was told that quality of parts are not like before.
Pls ask the technician what capacity AC is appropriate for your room size since in small to medium room size a 1 ton may suffice. For my room size 14 ft Length X 11 Ft height and width , 1 ton is adequate.
During late night music listening, I can hear a slight draft noise when the fan is at medium speed which is not a deal breaker. At other times I don't notice the noice at all. At any cost avoid aluminium coil ac's & go for copper only.

Regards.
Hey Nitin

Thanks and even I am leaning towards the Mitsubishi inverter models as they are rated at 18db. My current Ac was actually good and had low noise but due to poor handling by the service technicians it became noisy. For my room even a .75 ton is enough.I will be getting a 1Ton just to be safe

Both Mitsubishi’s are good for silent operation. I’d suggest Mitsubishi Electric as your tonnage is low. I have a Mitsubishi Heavy because I needed a large one with bigger throw. Daikin‘s a top brand, but do your research on the current quality levels.

On tonnage it’s better to err on the higher side than lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking at these models. Both have a noise rating of 19db

Hey Nitin

Thanks and even I am leaning towards the Mitsubishi inverter models as they are rated at 18db. My current Ac was actually good and had low noise but due to poor handling by the service technicians it became noisy. For my room even a .75 ton is enough.I will be getting a 1Ton just to be safe

Most welcome Navin, as Sachin says, a little higher tonnage would be more appropriate then. 1 ton would be better than a .75 as the compressor won't need to work harder especially during summers. Quality wise both the Mitsubishi's are good. I got mine from Artic Aircon and their service is good.

Regards.

Both Mitsubishi’s are good for silent operation. I’d suggest Mitsubishi Electric as your tonnage is low. I have a Mitsubishi Heavy because I needed a large one with bigger throw. Daikin‘s a top brand, but do your research on the current quality levels.

On tonnage it’s better to err on the higher side than lower.
Ok why selling Ac's in two different names as in Mitsubushi electrical india and heavy? Any differences in quality and performance

Last edited by a moderator:
https://letscoolaircon.com.sg/2019/...ween-mitsubishi-heavy-vs-mitsubishi-electric/

Also, speak to the nearest dealers of both brands. Right installation makes a big difference in split ACs. See whom you feel more confident about. In my case it was hands down the Mitsubishi Heavy dealer here.
Yeah installation is very important. My case after service they didnt install properly and also the handling was very rough. For normal use its fine actually and in excellent condition. But in a HT environment the sound is high.

How is their service and how long have you been using it?

Looks like I'm coming up on 2 years of usage. I have 2 units (1 ton each) for my largish room (24*16). Can get away with using only 1 except for between the months of April - June (minimum).

Installation was neat and they showed up for the 2 (I think) free service of the unit without any prompting on my part. Since then, AC's have been maintained by a really good service guy with whom I have AMC's for the other units in the house.

Dear Fm’s

I need a very silent split Ac 1 ton for my main bedroom which is also where I have set my HT. I sit exactly below the ac and my current AC is noisy and I can clearly hear the blower and motor noise while watching movies.
Daikin is a supposed to be a good brand, I have a very bad experience( 5yr usage/Rs 55k local purchase) with Daikin 2Ton inverter model. Every summer it needs some/ or other kind of service, rattles occasionally, but cools efficiently. Initially changed bundled Stabilizer 3 times under warranty and later I was told that it needs higher capacity Stabilizer; But only after the warranty period is over. two times I paid 5k repair bills. But When works it cools perfectly and runs quite silent. Have used Carrier earlier which is no nonsense type of AC, Quite reliable as far as cooling is considered. Bit low on features.

I have 2 other LG inverter ACs ; no problems whatsoever since 4 years.
Service from bluestar is pretty good at office, would prefer Hitachi, Voltas ( all weather) or Bluestar whenever this Daikin needs service next time.

Buy slightly higher capacity if going for inverter ACs, Auto Clean option is handy and look for properly adjustable options for vertical and horizontal swings. Don't bother about hifi features like Wi-Fi etc, plasma filter may not be very effective but always better to have it. Better stick to known brands with good serviceability in your area instead of unknown brands. Look for Copper Wiring and 410a Gas as preferred options, buy extended warranty whenever possible.

Daikin is a supposed to be a good brand, I have a very bad experience( 5yr usage/Rs 55k local purchase) with Daikin 2Ton inverter model. Every summer it needs some/ or other kind of service, rattles occasionally, but cools efficiently. Initially changed bundled Stabilizer 3 times under warranty and later I was told that it needs higher capacity Stabilizer; But only after the warranty period is over. two times I paid 5k repair bills. But When works it cools perfectly and runs quite silent. Have used Carrier earlier which is no nonsense type of AC, Quite reliable as far as cooling is considered. Bit low on features.

I have 2 other LG inverter ACs ; no problems whatsoever since 4 years.
Service from bluestar is pretty good at office, would prefer Hitachi, Voltas ( all weather) or Bluestar whenever this Daikin needs service next time.

Buy slightly higher capacity if going for inverter ACs, Auto Clean option is handy and look for properly adjustable options for vertical and horizontal swings. Don't bother about hifi features like Wi-Fi etc, plasma filter may not be very effective but always better to have it. Better stick to known brands with good serviceability in your area instead of unknown brands. Look for Copper Wiring and 410a Gas as preferred options, buy extended warranty whenever possible.
Yes Daiken are now made in India & the quality has degraded big time. I have a lot of friends complain about the made in India Daikens.
The earlier made in Thailand Daikens were super reliable & better build quality. I have been using a Carrier 2 ton inverter model & been happy for almost a year, touch wood. It cools well & is pretty silent for my needs. It has wifi in built & works with Alexa flawless so all good in my Smart Home setup.

Cheers.

Yes Daiken are now made in India & the quality has degraded big time. I have a lot of friends complain about the made in India Daikens.
The earlier made in Thailand Daikens were super reliable & better build quality. I have been using a Carrier 2 ton inverter model & been happy for almost a year, touch wood. It cools well & is pretty silent for my needs. It has wifi in built & works with Alexa flawless so all good in my Smart Home setup.

Cheers.

Daiken may be fine but this was exactly what I had heard about it regarding the current generation parts quality. Hence changed my mind about it.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back