Help in Calibrating Audio

naryhyd

Hello All,

I am using Denon X3200W for Bose Accoustimas 10 speakers. Somehow I am not happy with the sound. I can Hear a good volume only when AVR goes above 80. Even at this volume, the Bass is good.. but the volume from front speakers is not so great. Appreciate some inputs on sound calibration.

Thanks!

Hello All,

I am using Denon X3200W for Bose Accoustimas 10 speakers. Somehow I am not happy with the sound. I can Hear a good volume only when AVR goes above 80. Even at this volume, the Bass is good.. but the volume from front speakers is not so great. Appreciate some inputs on sound calibration.

Thanks!

Did you run audyssey? Is bose an active unit or passive?

MaSh

Hello All,

Thanks!

If not already done, when you are playing a particular source go to setup - inputs - source level and increase it to max (12db). If this works, do this for every source!

Try to do bass management before running audyssey. also if you have an android or iphone , download db meter app and test it whether the sound is averaging at 68 - 75 db.

These results would give an good idea on whether they are correctly setup.

I did ran audyssey. not sure how to check Bose active or passive :(

Okay, Can you mention the Levels it set for each speaker along with the cross over settings?

How is Bose connected to your receiver? Speakers are connected to the Sub or to the receiver, I guess former.

PS: Pics of connections would help

Did the Bose support guys not come to setup?

MaSh

MaSH,

Speakers are connected to Sub not to receiver. I am away from home.. will post the pics next time. I bought the system from overseas, and did self installation ( now thinking did wrong :sad: ).

Connect the speakers with the receivers speaker outs and take the sub preout and connect the subwoofer.

I am not sure I can connect Bose speakers to the receiver directly. somewhere I read in a post, those are sensitive and tweeter may blow if we use with high power.

I am not sure I can connect Bose speakers to the receiver directly. somewhere I read in a post, those are sensitive and tweeter may blow if we use with high power.

It wont be a problem at all. Denon can drive these speakers without any problem. Your bose speakers are rated at 10 to 200 watts per channel from 4 to 8 ohms. Denon X3200w support 4 ohms - 16 ohms speakers. So you must dont have any problem in driving those speakers.

Tuff,

I did followed the setup guide provided by bose with the system. same as your link.

Thanks.

Reset the receiver and check the sound. Turn off any bass button on the bass module. This is one really weird connecting system.

Being a Bose, I am assuming the connectors would not be standard and would fit the acousticmass only. What is the input connector from your Denon to the Acousticmass?

Do a Audyssey run again tonight, or when it is super silent. Switch off the fridge too if its anywhere in the same room or close by. Check the levels set by denon after the first round set with the mic placed at your primary seating position. Please post those levels and distances set here.

MaSh

Being a Bose, I am assuming the connectors would not be standard and would fit the acousticmass only. What is the input connector from your Denon to the Acousticmass?

Do a Audyssey run again tonight, or when it is super silent. Switch off the fridge too if its anywhere in the same room or close by. Check the levels set by denon after the first round set with the mic placed at your primary seating position. Please post those levels and distances set here.

MaSh
In the manual, the sat's are connected to the base module and the base module is connected to the amp. Either the xover inside the bass module is mucking up things or the denon's internal one, again this is a wild guess. Never seen anything connected like that...

Checked the manual of acoustimass 10. The speakers seem to have normal speaker inputs like binding post. So there should be no problem connecting via denon.

In the manual, the sat's are connected to the base module and the base module is connected to the amp. Either the xover inside the bass module is mucking up things or the denon's internal one, again this is a wild guess. Never seen anything connected like that...

Yes something is messing it up. Hence want to clear Denon by seeing the levels and distance set on first position.

Checked the manual of acoustimass 10. The speakers seem to have normal speaker inputs like binding post. So there should be no problem connecting via denon.

Oh that is good and bad. Good, that the speakers can be connected to Denon directly, Bad it wont be a Bose any more. :eek:hyeah:

MaSh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back