Help in deciding the best AVR deal from USA

rajatbhasin

Hi all the experts,

I'm a little confused about which one of the following receivers I should go for.
I'll be importing it from usa and I'm aware that I'll be paying a premium (shipping+duties through borderlinx/i2cworld) as i'm neither visiting US or have anyone who could get it for me.

I would appreciate if you all could share your opinions/advice and help me chose the best deal.
I've shortlisted the following deals:

DENON AVR-990 (3310CI) 120v Global Easy Buy
Rs. 43004 + 2500 (step down converter)
Total: 45.5k

DENON AVR-2310CI (220v)https://www.samstores.com/details.asp?ProdID=14316
$615 + $250 (shipping+customs)
Total : 40k

Denon AVR2310CI (120v)Amazon.com: Denon AVR2310CI 7.1-Channel Multi-Zone Home Theater Receiver with 1080p HDMI Connectivity: OneCall
$500 + $252(shipping+customs) + Rs2.5 (step down conv.)
Total : 35k

Onkyo TX-SR608 (120v)Amazon.com: Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black): Electronics
$378 + $214(shipping+customs) + Rs2.5k (step down conv.)
Total : 29.5k

After using yammy rx-v450 for almost 5yrs, I personally perfer to move onto a denon. However, the Onkyo deal is simply irresistable and thats the reason it features in the above list.

I'll be hooking up an Optoma HD20 (1080p non 3d) with the AVR and I'm not really bothered about the n/w capabilities of the AVR as I use Xtreamer Pro for all those tasks.
If you are aware of a better deal or can offer to get me the AVR from USA (in case anyone of you is coming back n dont have much to bring), I would really grateful. ;)

Looking for your valuable inputs.

Rajat

Last edited:
Its only you who can decide depending upon your needs vis a vis specs and most important your budget, personally i would prefer Denon over onkyo due to its SQ, do look for denon 2311 even if you are not interested in 3D capabilities(HDMI 1.4) now,it is abt 46k on global easy buy.IMO when you are buying something new do keep scope for future enhancement/upgradation (if your budget permits-Most Important) wish u good luck for your purchase.

Thanks for your reply Sukhjit.
I did have 2311 on my mind but I guess I missed that out.
Just checked for it and found that it would cost around 42k (getting from ebay.com + shipping and duties thru borderlinx). Not bad at all.:lol:

How about if we compare it with onkyo 608 ?

Thanks for your reply Sukhjit.
I did have 2311 on my mind but I guess I missed that out.
Just checked for it and found that it would cost around 42k (getting from ebay.com + shipping and duties thru borderlinx). Not bad at all.:lol:

How about if we compare it with onkyo 608 ?

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

Getting your products (like these) from US? Is this a risk-free way?
Also curious on how did you calculate the customs, shipping, taxes and such.

I am interested in getting a Blu-Ray HTIB with Receiver (Onkyo HT-S6300 for $500 from here) but was not sure how to order it directly to my Indian address from US. The prices are quite competitive there.

Thanks in advance,

Pioneer's receivers are also known for good sound quality. You could check out the VSX-1020 on amazon. Last time I checked, it had a pretty nice discount on amazon.

New To Import From A Online Store

Well nothing in life is risk free, the more aggressive we get, the risk grows, the best you can do is follow good risk management.

These online stores like SYW and many others can tell you what is the cost of your item you want to buy, the import duty and other taxes if any.

I have ordered from a projector from online store, i was guided by the forum members how to go about, if you need more information then please do write, we are in queue to help you. On the other hand there are several threads where such imports are discussed.

V.

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

Getting your products (like these) from US? Is this a risk-free way?
Also curious on how did you calculate the customs, shipping, taxes and such.
but was not sure how to order it directly to my Indian address from US. The prices are quite competitive there.

Last edited:
Pioneer's receivers are also known for good sound quality. You could check out the VSX-1020 on amazon. Last time I checked, it had a pretty nice discount on amazon.

Thanks for the suggestion zervinb :)
However I'm specifically looking for either denon or an onkyo AVR

Cheers!

my Vote goes to Denon
Get with preouts because if you are not satisfied with stereo or with 5 channels you can add a power amp and get the Sound you Expected

Hi,

You may please also check Denon AVR-4310CI 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver at HDTVs, Home Theater Systems, Digital SLR Cameras and More Holiday Shopping on Sale at OneCall.com

Its has the following features :-
130 watts per channel x 7 channels,Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital Surround EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIz decoding
DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS ES 6.1 Discrete, DTS ES 6.1 Matrix, DTS Neo:6 decoding,Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion, Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ
HD Radio AM/FM tuner
XM and Sirius satellite radio ready

Denon AVR-4310CI 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver, In Stock at OneCall.com
They are selling it under $1K.

Best of luck for your AVR shopping.

Thanks and regards........Inder

my Vote goes to Denon
Get with preouts because if you are not satisfied with stereo or with 5 channels you can add a power amp and get the Sound you Expected

When you say pre-outs, do you mean for the sub or for 5.1 channel out ?
Little confused about it.

Rajat

Hi,

You may please also check Denon AVR-4310CI 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver at HDTVs, Home Theater Systems, Digital SLR Cameras and More Holiday Shopping on Sale at OneCall.com

Its has the following features :-
130 watts per channel x 7 channels,Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital Surround EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIz decoding
DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS ES 6.1 Discrete, DTS ES 6.1 Matrix, DTS Neo:6 decoding,Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion, Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ
HD Radio AM/FM tuner
XM and Sirius satellite radio ready

Denon AVR-4310CI 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver, In Stock at OneCall.com
They are selling it under $1K.

Best of luck for your AVR shopping.

Thanks and regards........Inder

Thanks for the suggestion Inderbir!
However, 4310 is a little out of budget for me. My budget is of 40-45k landing price (inluding shipping+duties/taxes).
Plus it does not have 3D HDMI or N/W so to me it does not make sense paying that much just for more wattage.
AFAIK, HD Radio AM/FM tuner and XM and Sirius satellite radio are of no use in India.

Rajat

My comments are more to do with risk involved in buying from US and service warranty, also adding up the cost of step down transformer for 110V. I wish to know if the same sets sold by Onkyo India are 220V ready? or for them also we have to get the step down transformer? If we buy from US like Amazon, will it give warranty in India ? and will India Onkyo be helpful in sorting out warranty issues if at all they come in future? I have got quote from ICCworld , though its 10 days old, I am posting the pic here of quotation, can someone suggest if its the safe way to buy?....trying to post image but unable 2 do dont know whts the problem

My comments are more to do with risk involved in buying from US and service warranty, also adding up the cost of step down transformer for 110V. I wish to know if the same sets sold by Onkyo India are 220V ready? or for them also we have to get the step down transformer? If we buy from US like Amazon, will it give warranty in India ? and will India Onkyo be helpful in sorting out warranty issues if at all they come in future? I have got quote from ICCworld , though its 10 days old, I am posting the pic here of quotation, can someone suggest if its the safe way to buy?....trying to post image but unable 2 do dont know whts the problem

You do not need the step down transformer for receivers sold by Onkyo India.

If you buy from amazon (us or anywhere else), the warranty is only valid in the country where you made the purchase from. So in other words, US warranty is not honoured in India.
Thats the barter you do for a better price :lol:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back