Help in Purchase of AV equipment

rohit_gsr

Greetings to all!!!

Let me first introduce myself, i am rohit from chennai. I am planning to buy a new home theatre system with plasma or Lcd tv. i am not in favor of buying these readymade Htib's. I have decided to go for an amplifier which is Denon AVR 3808A . I am looking for a good 7.1 speakers and an 46 inch Lcd or Plasma Tv.

My usage in speakers would be more for listening hard and soft music.
I saw the Mordaunt Short aspire speakers, but i need more good options as i was not really convinced.
Tv would be 60% daily programs and 40% Movies.

Can you suggest me some good 7.1 speakers, with an 46 inch lcd or plasma tv. my budget is around 2.5 lakh. my room size is 400 sq ft.

Rohit

hi rohit
im not really into surround sound but for that budget you can get a really good system. look at monitor audio - either the silver or bronze series. other brands to consider are psb, mission, kefs, wharfedales depending on your budget. when it comes to amps check out onkyo, nad, cambridge as well.

also what is the percentage of music to movies/tv you listen to

. I am looking for a good 7.1 speakers and an 46 inch Lcd or Plasma Tv.
My usage in speakers would be more for listening hard and soft music.

Rohit

you are spending a decent amount on teh speakers. Why are you particular about 7 channels? Esp. if you listen to music a majority of time?

You can get excellent quality 2.1 system or mediocre 5.1 or 7.1 that can handle music.

If you watch movies a good bit, you dont need more than 5.1 setup.

I agree 100% with Marsillius. If Music is primary focus Then I would go with good bookshelf or floorstanders. They will get you better sound quality, sound stage and image.

I had Paradigm Monitor V as my rears. Now they are sitting in my store room.
My 3.1 ssytem does good for movies and 2.1 for music is very great.

Thanks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back