Help in setting my first Home Theatre Setup.

rush2samy

Guys,
I need help in setting up my first HT in my new flat. Since I have some knowledge about HT and its setup but still first time so need clarity and help.
First My Room configuration :
I want to setup my HT in hall which is of dimension 21x14 (feet).
I have already installed my projector (Optoma HD 142x) length wise projecting on 14 feet length wall. 20 inch length gives me enough distance to cast 109 inch screen.

My Requirements:
1. I want to invest in Denon AVR -X1400 or any equivalent 7.x channel support with Atmos. The reason I want to invest more in AVR so as to future proof for some time and also giving me options later on.
2. I need budget speakers so that I can slowly upgrade as when budget permits. May be I can start with few speakers (not sure which ones need help) and then buy slowly.

My queries and doubts where I lack expertise :
1. Is my room large enough to invest in AVR like 7.x or Atmos enabled or I could just settle for 5.1 or 5.2 AVR.
2. Can I use my existing Desktop PC to play High defintion movies with surround sound or I better buy Media player.

My initial budget is no more than 60k keeping in mind I want Denon Atmos 7.x AVR. This is including initial speakers. Of course there is a deal with Taga Harmony with 20k price tag but it has got floor standing speakers. Due to space issues I want to go with book shelf speakers.

Please advise.

My Requirements:
1. I want to invest in Denon AVR -X1400 or any equivalent 7.x channel support with Atmos. The reason I want to invest more in AVR so as to future proof for some time and also giving me options later on.

1. Is my room large enough to invest in AVR like 7.x or Atmos enabled or I could just settle for 5.1 or 5.2 AVR.

Consider Pioneer LX 303, a 5.1.4 capable AVR for around 60K, you can either make a 7.1.2 layout since you have 21 feet length room (or) settle for 5.1.4 capable layout.. Denon x 1400 is a 5.1.2 capable AVR..

2. Can I use my existing Desktop PC to play High defintion movies with surround sound or I better buy Media player.

Yes.. If you have PC with HDMI out, then that is more than enough for media playback.. You can set it to bi-stream in audio settings with a media player like Kodi..

My initial budget is no more than 60k keeping in mind I want Denon Atmos 7.x AVR. This is including initial speakers. Of course there is a deal with Taga Harmony with 20k price tag but it has got floor standing speakers. Due to space issues I want to go with book shelf speakers.

A 7.1 capable AVR itself would be in the likes of 50K.. So with remaining 10K it would be hard to choose speaker..

Consider this.. There was a Sony 5.1 550 AVR for 14K on reliance.. See if you can get that.. Spend the rest of the money on completing 5.2 set-up.. When you have enough budget, upgrade to a more capable AVR..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back