Help in setting up my HT

ashwinbaskar

Hi FM’s,

Looking out for your valuable suggestion for setting up my HT (60/40 Movies & Music).

Budget – 2L (Includes everything) Willing to spend 90% of the budget for AV Receiver and Speakers and for projectors will go with the Egate P531 for now (Have read some good reviews in our forum for the same)

Dedicated HT Room Details – 11 X 14 X 10 (W X L X H) No Windows and all concrete walls.

I am yet to audition in any of the below set ups due to this current lock down, will audition for sure before making the final decision

• AV Receiver– I am leaning more towards Denon
    • Denon 1600 or 2600 (Is it really worth paying the extra money for 2600?)
    • Marantz SR 5013 (Since this model is being replaced by 5014, is it worth buying this model now?)
  • Speakers– Listed down in my Preference based on the reviews I have read so far. I am yet to decide on the sub-woofer, kindly suggest a better sub-woofer for the below setups.
    • Dali – Oberon 5 For front, Vokal for Center & Oberon 1 for Rear (Going for Oberon as I heard Zensor series is been stopped, if available I prefer going for Zensor series)
    • Wharfdale – Diamond 240 for front, 220 C for Center, 220 for Rear
    • Q Acoustics – 3050i for front, 3090Ci for Center, 3010i for Rear
    • Polk – S 55 For Front, S30 for Center & S15 for Rear
And also request you all to suggest me a better place to audition these speakers in Chennai and also on any known contacts or so to get a better price on these products.

Thanks,
Ashwin

Hi Ashwin!
Welcome to this amazing forum.

As you mentioned the brands Denon, Marantz, Dali, Q acoustics ,Polk audio, you should definitely visit Max home theatre at Alandur after the lockdown has withdrawn , Mr.Panneerselvam is very adjustable guy who is dealing above brands. Google them.

Best of luck.

Hi Ashwin,

You can also evaluate brands like Sonodyne, Tangent, XTZ for speakers.
Consider SVS or XTZ for subwoofer, will be slightly above the budget, still worth it.

You may contact SurroundSwar as well, they are the distributors for XTZ, Tangent, Monoprice etc.

Hi FM’s,

Looking out for your valuable suggestion for setting up my HT (60/40 Movies & Music).

Budget – 2L (Includes everything) Willing to spend 90% of the budget for AV Receiver and Speakers and for projectors will go with the Egate P531 for now (Have read some good reviews in our forum for the same)

Dedicated HT Room Details – 11 X 14 X 10 (W X L X H) No Windows and all concrete walls.

I am yet to audition in any of the below set ups due to this current lock down, will audition for sure before making the final decision

• Marantz SR 5013 (Since this model is being replaced by 5014, is it worth buying this model now?)
  • Speakers– Listed down in my Preference based on the reviews I have read so far. I am yet to decide on the sub-woofer, kindly suggest a better sub-woofer for the below setups.
    • Dali – Oberon 5 For front, Vokal for Center & Oberon 1 for Rear (Going for Oberon as I heard Zensor series is been stopped, if available I prefer going for Zensor series)
And also request you all to suggest me a better place to audition these speakers in Chennai and also on any known contacts or so to get a better price on these products.

Thanks,
Ashwin

welcome to hfv. I'd choose the Denon 2600h + Q Acoustics package with the latest Q3030i for surround rear.
you can try contacting Home Audio Solutions based in chennai.
#4, West mada st, Srinivasa nagar
Koyambedu, Chennai-107
Tamilnadu
tel - 8525912345
email - [email protected]

A Budget Subwoofer - you can consider the Taga Harmony platinum sw-10 v.3..heard its worth from price:quality pov.. U can demo it in Alandur

Hi FM’s,

Thanks,
Ashwin

Welcome to HFV.

You have made a nice list...refer to reviews and youtube videos to get some understanding...also read threads on this forum under what should I buy etc.

Audition is key and once lockdown is over, you should go and visit all dealers and stores and use the same Movie scene / music video / audio for audition...this will help as a reference for you......

Trust your ears.....what is good for me may not suit you....all the best!

I have auditioned Marantz SR5013 with Q Acoustic 3050i HT set and the comb perform exceptional well on movies as well as music. Q Acoustic subwoofer was tight and agile but not deep enough compare to BIC Acoustech PL 200. Replacing sub to BIC PL200 may make this great HT setup with above average stereo setup. Q Acoustic has come up with new subwoofer QB12 may be the good choice .

Hi Ashwin!
Welcome to this amazing forum.

As you mentioned the brands Denon, Marantz, Dali, Q acoustics ,Polk audio, you should definitely visit Max home theatre at Alandur after the lockdown has withdrawn , Mr.Panneerselvam is very adjustable guy who is dealing above brands. Google them.

Best of luck.
Thanks for suggesting Mr. Panneerselvam Already spoke to him, waiting for the lock down to get over to audition.

Hi Ashwin,

You can also evaluate brands like Sonodyne, Tangent, XTZ for speakers.
Consider SVS or XTZ for subwoofer, will be slightly above the budget, still worth it.

You may contact SurroundSwar as well, they are the distributors for XTZ, Tangent, Monoprice etc.
will audition the subs mentioned by you.
Thanks
welcome to hfv. I'd choose the Denon 2600h + Q Acoustics package with the latest Q3030i for surround rear.
you can try contacting Home Audio Solutions based in chennai.
#4, West mada st, Srinivasa nagar
Koyambedu, Chennai-107
Tamilnadu
tel - 8525912345
email - [email protected]
Thanks for your suggestions will reach out to them once this lock down is over.

I have auditioned Marantz SR5013 with Q Acoustic 3050i HT set and the comb perform exceptional well on movies as well as music. Q Acoustic subwoofer was tight and agile but not deep enough compare to BIC Acoustech PL 200. Replacing sub to BIC PL200 may make this great HT setup with above average stereo setup. Q Acoustic has come up with new subwoofer QB12 may be the good choice .
Since Marantz 5013 is having Pre-outs for all 7 channels, i am more included towards and also HIFI Mart is having very good deal for this receiver online.

Does all the dealers in chennai Accept payment via credit cards?
I checked with Profx and they have the option for no cost emi, does any other dealer in chennai have these kind of offers in chennai?

How good are the Pioneer SP 52 series speakers.
Are they comparable with Dali Oberon & Q Acoustics 3000i series speakers?
And also please suggest me a place in chennai where i can audition the Pioneer SP 52 series speakers.
On Subwoofer front how good is the Bic America PL - 200 II MK-2, will it pair well with these set of speakers?

Thanks.

Because you have a dedicated HT, I would highly advise getting Marantz SR6012 or 6013, it is a 9 channel amp and has pre outs for 11 channels.
So you are covered on the upgrade front for years to come. Plus it is the best AVR (in your budget) as far as sound quality is concerned.
The subwoofer does not have to be from the same manufacturer as your speaker package.
Bic America PL 200 seems to be a highly regarded one.

One thing I cannot stress upon enough: AUDITION before buying and audition a lot, take your time and be sure of what you want

Dali, Q-acoustics etc will have differences in the type of sound they put out.
You will have a preference for what you like... so, audition, figure out the sound signature you are looking for and go for it.

Emotiva's speaker package seems to the quality pick in your price range. Make sure to add that to the audition list.

Hi FM’s,

Thanks,
Ashwin

Hi,You have similar size of my Room.I have started from 5.1 now I have gone upto Dolby Atmos/dtsX 7.2.4 & Auro3d 10.2 setup.
From the option listed by you, the best AVR will be MarantzSR5013 (coz it is having preout option and on higher side).If you have more budget look for atleast SR6013/6014 /Denon X3600 or on higher side SR7013/7014/Denon x4500.
Reg Speakers -All above are good.Only thing all have digfferet sound signaure ,you may need to select which one you like by auditioning.
Dali Oberon can be auditioned at Vipul Audio-KiIpauk (Google it ) .For the other speakers audition,the dealer need to be checked.
Some of the other good speakers shall be Emotiva Airmotiv speakers,Dyne audio ,XTZ ,Fyne Audio..Check them too based on your budget provision.
Regarding subwoofers ...Look for brands like Rhythmik,SVS etc...Go for a better sub which will be the key to enjoy the bass/HT fully .
In case If budget is not available ,try starting with AVR + Front speakers then you can add slowly the remaining speakers.
Good luck.

Hi All,

I am happy to share with you all the HT set up I have done and thank you all for your kind suggestions.

Configuration - 5.1.2

Receiver – Marantz SR 6014

LCR – XTZ 95.44 & XTZ 95.33

Rear Surround - Eltax Monitor 3

Atmos – Eltax ATM

SUB – XTZ 12.17

Projector – Optoma HD27E

Screen – Elite Screens Manual 100inch

Power Conditioner – Vertex Servo Stabilizer 3KVA

Bought all the above stuffs except Vertex from Max Electronics Alandur. In my opinion Pannerselvam is a very knowledgeable & patient person to deal with, Have called him multiple times for multiple doubts, all the times he has answered all my questions patiently and in a detailed manner. Highly recommend him. (Note : This review on Max electronics is my personal opinion)

I Auditioned the following speakers before finalizing on the above set up
  • Dali Oberon 5 Series (Vipul)
  • Sonodyne Sonus Series (Volumate)
  • Q Acoustics 3050i Series (Max)
  • XTZ 95 series (Max)
Currently the interiors of my HT are not that good to post a picture, will update with pictures once I am done with the interiors.

Congratulations! Do post your impressions on the XTZ LCR sound.
Also, you've done a good job in choosing a receiver and stabilizer than can accommodate any upgrades (additional channels with power amp) in the future.

Hi All,

I am happy to share with you all the HT set up I have done and thank you all for your kind suggestions.

Configuration - 5.1.2

Receiver – Marantz SR 6014

LCR – XTZ 95.44 & XTZ 95.33

Rear Surround - Eltax Monitor 3

Atmos – Eltax ATM

SUB – XTZ 12.17

Projector – Optoma HD27E

Screen – Elite Screens Manual 100inch

Power Conditioner – Vertex Servo Stabilizer 3KVA

Bought all the above stuffs except Vertex from Max Electronics Alandur. In my opinion Pannerselvam is a very knowledgeable & patient person to deal with, Have called him multiple times for multiple doubts, all the times he has answered all my questions patiently and in a detailed manner. Highly recommend him. (Note : This review on Max electronics is my personal opinion)

Indeed Pannerselvam is a knowledgeable guy

How much it costed you for the whole setup as you have mentioned 2L as your initial budget?! Your setup looks perfect, looking forward for the pics soon ❤️❤️❤️

Indeed Pannerselvam is a knowledgeable guy

How much it costed you for the whole setup as you have mentioned 2L as your initial budget?! Your setup looks perfect, looking forward for the pics soon ❤❤❤
Thank you, it costed more than double of initial budget :). Wanted to have a setup which can be easy upgraded to 11.2 that why went with this set up.
My interior work is still in progress, due to this corona situation works are getting delayed. Will post the pics once it's ready.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back