Help me choose Monitor Audio Rx6 or B&W684 or Quad 22l2

X man

I have narrowed down to 3 floorstanders but am unable to decide between B&W 684, MA Rx6 and Quad 22l2.

Iam using quad 22l2 earlier auditioned MA RX6 as well but I like quad very balanced sound and perfect match in right pricing .

I have narrowed down to 3 floorstanders but am unable to decide between B&W 684, MA Rx6 and Quad 22l2.

I would personally go in for the B&W 684/683, the latter being my preference. I have the 685 for my stereo setup. and a Wharf 9.6 setup for HT
However the MA and Quads are good as well . Purely boils down to what sounds best to you.
What eqiuipment amp/source are you planning to pair them up wth ?

What price have you been quoted for the 684 ?

All 3 are close choice , repeated auditions will help you choose one. Try carry your amp or avr to the auditions. Ask for a home audition if possible.

My vote to B&W, MA RX6 and Quads in order.

Thanks All. So generally it seems most of you liked B&W over Rx6. Am planning Marantz SR 6005/6006 AVR. Liked B&W at the audition but they were using a Rotel AVR while MA Rx6 was using Yamaha 20XX. So cant figure out if its the amp or the speaker thats making the diff.

B&W they are quoting 88K at the first go. Any idea of how much discount they can give

Marantz pairs very well with B&W.
Rotels and B&W's are like a match made in heaven. however the Marantz B&W is the next best combo. fantastic synergy. However not too sure how the Marantz AVR's pair up with them. Marantz Stereo amps with B&W a definite "Yes"".

Thanks All for great suggestions. will check with Dev. What kind of discount/ Final price B&W dealer (audio vision) could give. At 89k its working out to be more expensive that Quad /Rx6 . So wondering if B&W will be willing to give more discounts else will have to work between MA Rx6/ Quad. Also would Marantz AVR pair well with MA Rx6/ Quad.

Am looking for good music system but want to complete the HT as well. I understand Marantz AVR are good for music but any idea how it will compare with stereo amp performance. Can i later add Marantz stereo Amp to the AVR.

You need to decide what % you listen to Music and Movies, also what genere of music you listen to. I can offer you advice on 2 channel setup.

Thanks Helium flight

70-75% on music and remaining on movies. Listen to a very wide range of music - rock , Pop ( retro ), Instrumentals/Jazz and Indian Hindi/Bollywood (selective - retro (Kishore Kumar, Lata), selective new movies/AR Rahman).

Back