Help me in selecting floor standers below 30k

raj_ch2002

Hello there,
This is Rajesh, my first post here...

I'm looking for 2 tower speakers for my HT setup.

what i HAD: Xtreamer/PS3/XBOX connected to LOGITECH Z5500 through
optical connections and was happy with it and wanted to upgrade to a better one.

So, i bought YAMAHA RX-V371 receiver and using it with Logitech Z5500 satellites and sub-woofer

Now, i'm looking at floor standers for now.

Entering the contest.

1) YAMAHA NS-555 : liked the looks, not yet auctioned, best price i could manage is 26k for a pair.

2) JAMO S406: these are just OK, price of rs16500, no discount if i buy only fronts without the package.

3) JAMO S606: There are good but 36k and no discount and out of budget.

4) POLK AUDIO: TSI300: had auctioned and find them good, best price is rs20.5k

5) POLK AUDIO: TSI400: not yet auctioned, price rs25.5k and heard very good reviews.

6) wharfedale: Diamond 9.5:vector systems had demo piece for rs 39k and he is not selling new pair.

7) Tannoy: Mercury V4: these are good and i feel they are good for movies...
price quote i got was rs31k

Finally....most important 'Vitamin M'....my budget for only front floor standers is max 30k...

So, please suggest me the best ones within my budget + or - 2 percent.

BTW, almost forgot, i've auctioned Onkyo SKF-4700 as they look very nice and but performance wise they were no where near the others...

Out of your selection Tannoy V4 is good for both music and movies.

Hard to find decent floor standing speakers under 30k budget. If you are open to DIY speakers or pre-owned you may find some good speakers.

6) wharfedale: Diamond 9.5:vector systems had demo piece for rs 39k and he is not selling new pair.

BTW, almost forgot, i've auctioned Onkyo SKF-4700 as they look very nice and but performance wise they were no where near the others...

Vector is selling 9.6 @ 39k.......... new set of 9.5 sud be aprox 30k. ;)

Check out the Wharfedale Vardus range

if you stretch your budget a little - Boston Acoustics A 360

You can try the Sonodyne Sonus 2605 3- way FS for 27K.....Within your budget....

i'd checked in chroma, they do not have them in stock and are not giving the contact details for Sonodyne...

Vector is selling 9.6 @ 39k.......... new set of 9.5 sud be aprox 30k. ;)

do you know any other dealers who do wharfedale's

Check out the Wharfedale Vardus range

if you stretch your budget a little - Boston Acoustics A 360

Boston Acoustics A 360 are around 36k and are way out of my budget,
how about CS 226 or A250...

Out of your selection Tannoy V4 is good for both music and movies.

Hard to find decent floor standing speakers under 30k budget. If you are open to DIY speakers or pre-owned you may find some good speakers.

I'm also leaning towards Tannoys after TSI400...

BTW, my main usage is for movies...

I would go with :

7) Tannoy: Mercury V4: these are good and i feel they are good for movies...
price quote i got was rs31k

both are excellent speakers...........maybe the polks might be next but if you get any of the above, you don't need the polks. Vardus 300/400 are entry level speakers from Wharfedale............when you can get the wharf diamonds don't look at Vardus. But the golden rule still applies.........always hear and then decide what you like.

Quick comment about Wharf 9.5. I personally use 9.2 with SW150 and one of my friends has 9.5. Wharfs are little on the warmer side. In some songs I wish it was little brighter. So make the choice based on your preference.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back