Help me to buy 42" LED TV

gaurav618

Hi frnds,

Please help me as I am looking for a new TV. my actual requirement is 40-42 inch LED tv.
there are 2 constraints
I designed new TV unit in which only TV with Width 37" to 39" can be accommodate at eye level (else I need to place it somewhat higher level where 45 can be accommodate)
And 2nd , there is big Window in front wall hence Plasma TV is out of question.

Can you suggest one good TV with price range 50-60k, here PQ is topmost requirement and I dont mind if in the same range good 3D tv (Passive Only)is available.

I check the following TV and pretty much confused.

LG47LM6200 69K (NO 42available :sad:,Passive 3D and IPS panel )
LG LN5400 55K (its back light LED salesperson told me its full LED,no 3D)
Sony EX650 57K (Smart LED)
Panny th42et5d 63K (Same IPS and passive 3d, but didnt find gud reviews)

Also you can suggest some good TV, If I can save some money then its also an added advantage or do I wait for some time for new ranges of Sony Passive tv or LG.

Hi frnds,

Please help me as I am looking for a new TV. my actual requirement is 40-42 inch LED tv.
there are 2 constraints
I designed new TV unit in which only TV with Width 37" to 39" can be accommodate at eye level (else I need to place it somewhat higher level where 45 can be accommodate)
And 2nd , there is big Window in front wall hence Plasma TV is out of question.

Can you suggest one good TV with price range 50-60k, here PQ is topmost requirement and I dont mind if in the same range good 3D tv (Passive Only)is available.

I check the following TV and pretty much confused.

LG47LM6200 69K (NO 42available :sad:,Passive 3D and IPS panel )
LG LN5400 55K (its back light LED salesperson told me its full LED,no 3D)
Sony EX650 57K (Smart LED)
Panny th42et5d 63K (Same IPS and passive 3d, but didnt find gud reviews)

Also you can suggest some good TV, If I can save some money then its also an added advantage or do I wait for some time for new ranges of Sony Passive tv or LG.

I have lg47lm6200, it is a good tv for the price...and 69k is agood deal...so if u want 3d at a less price then that is the best passive led tv available in the market...all the tvs listed abouve are edge led, hence u will get a bit of light bleed, grey horz bars and not ink black (theway u can expwct in plasma) when u r watching movies in the dark room, which cud be distracting for some... But not as bad as u think, but I heard, it varies from a piece to piece sometimes...but mine is much better...in brighter room, u will not even notice this bleed... As passive 3d tvs frm sony are available, u can review them in the show rooms against lg, look at the motion blurr, judder in horz and vertical panning, study tradeoff and make a call... U can compare these tvs with 2012 lg and pana passive models to see if u getting a distinct advantage in pq, if no , then u can even buy 2012 models if the price is good...ensure 2012 models are not used pieces...check usage hrs...all the best...

Look for 120 hz panel (not the motion clarity index , motion flow etc, ask for panel refresh rate ) tvs preferably for 3d...

Thanks Sandesh,
but as I mentioned its in 69K for which i need to strech my budget.
also I checked in LG site nowhere they mentioned hertz like 120 but they mentioned MCI which is 400 while I also got offer for LG42lm6410 for 63k but I suspect it might be display piece as local dealer told that he will take it from his friends shop.
also while 3D is not my preference but getting this feature by spending 5-8k more make me thought about it but ppl told me as there is no genuine 3d channel is live and also currently I dont have any blue ray player hence what you think is it wise to go for 3D.
my friend who owns 47"3D told me he hardly seen 30 min of 3D since he buy this tv (6 months approx). is 2D viewing is also at par for 6200 and 6410?

if not then what do you guys think about normal LED of LG ls5400 or Sony W600 ?

LG 5400 was quite good. Had a demo.
Have no idea about the Sony W600 (other than the stand, which is quite good looking - on their website!).

Thanks Sandesh,
also I checked in LG site nowhere they mentioned hertz like 120 but they mentioned MCI which is 400 while I also got offer for LG42lm6410 for 63k but I suspect it might be display piece as local dealer told that he will take it from his friends shop.
also while 3D is not my preference but getting this feature by spending 5-8k more make me thought about it but ppl told me as there is no genuine 3d channel is live and also currently I dont have any blue ray player hence what you think is it wise to go for 3D.
my friend who owns 47"3D told me he hardly seen 30 min of 3D since he buy this tv (6 months approx). is 2D viewing is also at par for 6200 and 6410?

LG LM6400/6410/6690/6700 use 60hz panels. Only LG LM7600 and up use 120hz

Thanks Sandesh,

U r right. I myself did not use my 3d so much, though one can download movies, for me the factor is time...busy lifestyle and am sure is the case with many of us. like many others I bought it to future proof myself and I do not plan to buy a tv in next 5yrs... But it is very correct that I myself used 3d and smart features rarely.
Abt the 2d pq, I find it very good. Colors are vibrant for those who like it that way, like my brother who watch the tv in vivid mode with very bright and vibrant display.
and I like a bit more natural, so I have calibrated it using avsforum setting.
abt the other models u mentioned, i am sorry, I have no idea...

Last edited:
U r right. I myself did not use my 3d so much, though one can download movies, for me the factor is time...busy lifestyle and am sure is the case with many of us. like many others I bought it to future proof myself and I do not plan to buy a tv in next 5yrs... But it is very correct that I myself used 3d and smart features rarely.
Abt the 2d pq, I find it very good. Colors are vibrant for those who like it that way, like my brother who watch the tv in vivid mode with very bright and vibrant display.

Dude. I dont understand how a 60hz panel can be a future proof for 5 years.:)

Hi Thanks for all your comments ...
new update from my side is that now I checked many TV (3D non 3D etc)
and now I end up in looking for these 2 models (non 3D, I will invest in 3D later once feature,mkt and more channels or films available)

LG 42LN5400 and Sony KDL-42W650A

I have checked LG42LN5400 in Croma Pune and salesman told me that its LED backlight (due to which it is somewhat thicker which is no issue for me as it will be fitted inside my TV unit's wall which is more thicker then this TV ;) ) its colors are more natural and also provide more viewing angle and no blur etc due to back light LED and also 120 hz TruMotion (Frame Rate) (need to confirm these points with experts in this forum)
and it is coming in 50k in Vijay sales (although currently its unavailable but will be available in 2-3 days)

also I checked Sony KDL-42W650A which is also good but somewhat expensive then LG42LN5400. its approx 65k (without any bargain:rolleyes:)
but I checked in Sony.co.in and they mentioned Motionflow XR 200 Hz and now Sony can run all the formats (80%) via USB.

so please suggest me in terms of PQ,features and value for money (as Sony is 10k more then LG) which would be best buy ?
my main viewing is TV channels more SD and in future will be HD, News,Sports, Movies (also via USB or CDPlayer) and Music (not loud) in same order ;).
also what will be the difference between features in both TV like for instance
120 hz TruMotion or Motionflow XR 200 Hz as per my viewing criteria
Also will plan to buy bluray player later from Abroad so it should be compatible with that.

and also if possible suggest me price till which I can negotiate with Dealers :cool:

I am planning to buy it next Sunday 12th May (akshay-tritiya as Auspicious day) so please reply it before Friday and also if somebody is interested in Pune then we can ask for more discount :yahoo: collectively.
also if you have any knowledge regrading any offer on Akshay Tritiya ( as reliance digital guy hint to me) then please reply will check with that showroom.

Thanks.

With whatever small reading I did, in terms of pq , sony shud be better...motionwise both shud be good...so if cost is not an issue buy sonu or the lg u picked with no smart features etc. is also a good tv...

Hi FMs,

I am still confused :annoyed:.. was gone to my hometown and discuss with some new sales person at Lotus and LG showroom but they told LN5400 is not great enough and backlight LED has many disadvantages etc. :indifferent14:
Sony is 11k expensive then LG hence LG LN5400 is my first priority,:eek:hyeah:

Is anybody buy or demo LN5400?
or any good (non biased) review of LN5400 42" ?
else suggest me any other model. (Non 3d or SMART or else range should be <50K)
also I didn't check any Sammy TV because the pictures look yellowish, but one of my friend is having E5000 and it is running great so any one who can suggest me good Samsung TV from his experience or any great review.

GAurav

Don't compromise with pic quality over 11k price point..you will regret later with sub-par pic quality.

Hi FMs,

I am still confused :annoyed:.. was gone to my hometown and discuss with some new sales person at Lotus and LG showroom but they told LN5400 is not great enough and backlight LED has many disadvantages etc. :indifferent14:
Sony is 11k expensive then LG hence LG LN5400 is my first priority,:eek:hyeah:

Is anybody buy or demo LN5400?
or any good (non biased) review of LN5400 42" ?
else suggest me any other model. (Non 3d or SMART or else range should be <50K)
also I didn't check any Sammy TV because the pictures look yellowish, but one of my friend is having E5000 and it is running great so any one who can suggest me good Samsung TV from his experience or any great review.

GAurav

Hi FMs,

a good news to share :D, finally yesterday I brought LG LN5400 42" LED TV.
I am happy with that buy and would like to thanks all the members who help me to take the right TV suitable to my requirement.:yahoo:

Currently TV is put on stand while demo and wall mount will be done on Saturday (hopefully) :licklips:.
will provide my review with Images once spent some days (means nights ;)) with this beauty and after using all its features.

Thanks to all of you, you all are great help and would also like to have more information/guidance like settings etc.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back