Help me to fix creative 2.1 channel to LED TV

civil_rocks

Hi,
Please help to connect creative 2.1 sub woofer to my vu40D6575. I connect to head phone 3.5mm jack , speakers running with hiss sound . I removed it and tested with my phone speakers running fine. Please help me out
Thanks

Have you tried to direct the sound output to external? Am not sure about VU setting, but in Sony there is an option in setting to output the sound to external.... Try to find out in settings!!!

Guess it should not be bcos of impedance, are you hearing only the hiss or audio with prominent hiss?

Do you have a earphone/headphone?
Insert the headphone into the 3.5 mm socket. (Not sure if you mean the same by "phone speakers"
Can you hear the hiss?
If you can hear the hiss then your TV headphone socket or the soundcard has a problem.
If no hiss, then you need to check the Creative setup.

Do you have a laptop/PC?
Connect your Creatives to the laptop/PC 3.5mm earphone socket.
Do you get the hiss?
If yes then it is surely an issue with your Creatives.

This "hiss" sound seems to be very common problem in Vu phones when you connect external speakers or headphones to 3.5mm port. Even I got Vu 32D6545 model from Flipkart few days back and had problems with hiss noise.

Since my TV had extreme backlighting issues, I have asked for replacement. I'll get a new piece tomorrow, I'll check if there are audio problems in this too.

The Vu technician claimed that "K" model has less problems than "D" model.

@davinci there appears to be very limited sound settings in Vu low end TVs. Just option to set treble, bass and auto volume. Also the audio will be with prominent hiss.

I guess this is what we get for buying 32 inch full HD TV for just 15K

I brought 3.5mm to RCA cable, connected 3.5mm to creative 2.1 and RCA out to VU TV problem solved, now it's running fine. I think problem seems to be with VU 3.5mm audio port.

Last edited:
I brought 3.5mm to RCA cable, connected 3.5mm to creative 2.1 and RCA out to VU TV problem solved, now it's running fine. I think problem seems to be with VU 3.5mm audio port.
I have already tried this, but no joy...... Moreover, whenever I use TV remote to mute/unmute, I hear thundering thump on speakers of attached 2.1 system,

Last edited:
I have already tried this, but no joy...... Moreover, whenever I use TV remote to mute/unmute, I hear thundering thump on speakers of attached 2.1 system,
At least for me no thundering sound when muting and unmuting when connected to speakers via 3.5mm

Can you tell me how to do this 3.5 mm to RCA cable?

At least for me no thundering sound when muting and unmuting when connected to speakers via 3.5mm

Can you tell me how to do this 3.5 mm to RCA cable?
My TV doesn't have RCA audio out, whatever he suggested is not possible. What I tried, I put 3.5 stereo jack on TV's headphone out socket and put RCA colour coded connectors to my 2.1 system, I also tried connecting my Yamaha AS500 amp, but got same Hiss and thump.

Does your VU TV have RCA audio out? If not, how did you do it? Could you please explain to us? I could be really beneficial to us. May be I am making some mistake, you and I have same model. Please let me know as to how and where you connect RCA on TV?
Edit- @ civil_rocks. I have double checked, except headphone out, there is no other audio out in VU 40D6575 model. Probably, you are taking audio out straight from set-top box and feeding into Creative 2.1 channel system, totally bypassing TV's audio out, right?
Please clarify

Last edited:
@amitkg, you are right I totally bypass the tv and connected creative 2.1 channel to d2h setup box audio out then only I got distortion free sound. I think there might be defect in all vu tv.

@civil_rocks Thanks for the clarification. But one request, next time on, please post your comment, suggestion correctly or else people, who are asking your suggestion, might make mistake. In post no 5, you mentioned completely different thing. What if, fellow FM HarshRaj takes your advice and makes mistakes. So please...............

I actually thought @civil_rocks connected the speakers via RCA cable to the TV. So connecting speakers to tatasky STB will in fact fix the issue. But if want to play from USB, then you can't use the 2.1 speakers.

I actually thought @civil_rocks connected the speakers via RCA cable to the TV. So connecting speakers to tatasky STB will in fact fix the issue. But if want to play from USB, then you can't use the 2.1 speakers.
One work around, when you use your 2.1 system do not go beyond 75% of 2.1 system's volume control. Keep volume of your VU TV anywhere between 50%-70 and you won't hear the 'hiss'. In my case, it works. You try once, and see what happens. As one FM suggested, that it's because of low quality power-supply( rather low quality capacitors,IMO) that adds noise. I've already sent a mail to VU service centre on last Friday, got immediate reply (auto reply, I guess) that they had forwarded it to technical team. Will wait 3days more, if nothing happens, I'll have to raise a request for replacement.

One work around, when you use your 2.1 system do not go beyond 75% of 2.1 system's volume control. Keep volume of your VU TV anywhere between 50%-70 and you won't hear the 'hiss'. In my case, it works. You try once, and see what happens. As one FM suggested, that it's because of low quality power-supply( rather low quality capacitors,IMO) that adds noise. I've already sent a mail to VU service centre on last Friday, got immediate reply (auto reply, I guess) that they had forwarded it to technical team. Will wait 3days more, if nothing happens, I'll have to raise a request for replacement.

@Amitkg, I am also facing the same issue for the same model Vu 40D6575. Today I have requested for a service engineer visit. I think, it wont help any better. Have you done the replacement? If yes, is there any difference? If this hissing problem from the headphone jack is there for all the pieces, then we should find some alternative like volume level adjustment as you said or use any hiss blocking/noise gate electronic circuit. I don't know if it is available in the market...

@Amitkg, I am also facing the same issue for the same model Vu 40D6575. Today I have requested for a service engineer visit. I think, it wont help any better. Have you done the replacement? If yes, is there any difference? If this hissing problem from the headphone jack is there for all the pieces, then we should find some alternative like volume level adjustment as you said or use any hiss blocking/noise gate electronic circuit. I don't know if it is available in the market...
Yes, I have got replacement. Hiss is still present but with the new unit, hiss is somewhat subdued, even thump is not 'thunderous'. VU and Flipkart are also aware of this issue. As per Flipkart's policy, I can still ask for refund but at present no other TV provides such VFM. My 6+ years old 22" FHD Samsung monitor has started developing various age related ailments and I needed a bigger screen to watch downloaded 1080p movies. even most affordable 27" monitor is priced @ 19k. So after lot of deliberation, I bought this VU 40 model. Picture quality is stunning, black level is great. So, I have decided to keep this unit. In another thread, one FM expressed his suspicion over refresh rate, to substantiate his view, he also posted a YouTube link. But, I have tested it, and its refresh rate is 60Hz.

I see there is digital audio out in the TV. Can you not take it to RCA and connect your external speakers? Did any of you tried that? (Taking Digital audio to RCA... oops! Yes, i know - but would want to also have information if anyone checked and it worked?!!!)

Last edited:
@sgmane There is no audio out in Vu 40D6575. It has only 3.5mm jack. I also have the same hiss and thump sound.

For now, I connected audio from STB directly to external speakers. But for USB I have to either use TV speakers (which is not that great) or get used to hiss. Hiss is reduced if I turn down the volume in external speakers. But I have to keep the TV volume up to 90 to get decent sound effect.

Another issue is volume adjustment (vol +/-) in tv remote seems slow. Any one has same issue?

Currently there is no replacement available in chennai area, so I have only refund option. But the tv is good (for price paid) and I'm searching for alternatives to reduce this hiss.

There are no configurable RCA ports in the TV to output sound? 3.5mm is the only audio out in the TV?

Thank you so much Amit. you made my day. I was feeling irritated with that hiss sound when I connected my VU40d6575 to my creative 2.1 inspire speakers via headphone jack out provided with TV. The technician who visited doesn't know how to address the issue I was referring to. Finally after going though the posts in this forum, especially yours, I was able to suppress the hiss/noise sound to an extent of 75%. This workaround worked for me. Thanks a lot guys.

by the way currently I'm using SD setupbox (local cable operator's) and I'm pretty sure when I use HD/Full HD set top box the sound will be more effective.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back