help me what to buy sony 40ex650 or sumsung 40f5100

abhijeetnpti

my primary requirement.

1) i m going to watch mostly during night hours when my baby sleep so i need a headphone jack n importantly the deep black must work.

2) i need the tv to play almost all the movie format as i m going to watch movies by downloading it from various torrent sites.

3) refresh rate matters i want to avoid the blur motion.

so which one to buy ? :confused:

For reason no.2 alone, you can skip Sony. It won't play mkv and does not support ntfs partitioned disks.

It is my presonal opinion that Sony EX650 will render better picture quality. But since media playback capability is more important to you, you could go with Samsung. Please note the Sony EX650 (2012 model) is now out of production.

Definitely the f5100 for your needs, plug and play is better and PQ is also good, and has good blacks for the price.

Edit: Consider the LG LN5710 and Sammy F5500 if you can stretch the budget, based on my research for TV.

Last edited:
About 6 months ago, I want to buy my first LED 40" TV for my family entertainment. The candidates are Sharp 40LE430M, Sony KLD-40EX650, Toshiba 40PU200, and Samsung 40F5300.

And after about an hour examines, my choice goes to Samsung 40F5300. This 40" LED picture is about the same quality as Sony KLD-40EX650 when watching 15GB 1080p KingKong MKV files. Since Sony & Sharp Products just recognize AVI and Xvid movie format, they gave no positive points to my consideration. Toshiba 40PU200 has capable to play 32 movie formats, including MKV, MP4, AVI, Xvid, Vob, FLV and others. But when I played the same movie at 40PU200 with an USB Media Player, the pictures so blurry and grainy, especially in fast moving scene. Samsung F5300 has them all, it can play MKV, MP4, AVI, Xvid, and it can decode H-264 compressed movies. And above all, Samsung F5300 able to read subtitles .srt and .sub format which can download separately from the movie and place it in the same folder, and show it along the movies. And when I know that Samsung F5300 digital audio output can recognize not only Dolby Digital, but DTS as well (which we can hardly find in other 40" brand), it short my consideration to chose it. As a bonus for me, F5300 is a smartTV, it can browse, streams Youtube, Viki and others. You can simply put a ethernet cable to its RJ-45 or simpy connect to the network with USB Wifi dongle. With Samsung Allshared capability, you can play movies you has download on your computers, as long its connected to the same networking. And I don't have to buy separate media player/streamers to play all my MKV and MP4 movies collection... I'm very happy with my Samsung F5300. Maybe my experience can help you to decide. And you know what ? With tons of features, this Samsung F5300 is the cheapest from other candidate !! (about US $570) :D

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back