Help needed for buying an Home theatre - budget around 40k

iamanand

Hi,

Just like others I am also planning to buy an decent home theatre. My budget is around 40k or can stretch it up a little more.

Something about the desired system which going to rock my place:
- Usage: 60% for music and 40% for movies
- It should be capable to play all types of songs such as rock, jazz, classical.

I was thinking about some system after lil search here and over the internet, they are as follows:

HTiB
Denon 391
Denon 591
Yamaha YHT-292
Yamaha YHT-392

One of my friend has suggested
Marantz 3053 AVR + Pinnacle's speaker's package with 200w sub. Its coming near about Rs53000.

Can I expect a good home theatre system in my budget?

What you would suggest, should I go for HTiB or buying an sepertae AVR and seperate speakers package would be good to build the good system?

Thanks in advance

that was quite useful.. thanks buddy.

I have come across few more threads and another combo I can think of it is:
Denon 1611 + Polk RM6750 (no idea about price)
or as my friend suggested
Marantz SR3053 AVR + Pinnacle's speaker's package with 200w SUB

how about Onkyo 5300 if its compared to above systems?

whats difference between RM 705 (5.1 Satellite Speaker Package) and RM 6750 (Home Theater Speaker System)?? You may think how foolish I am, but sorry guys I am very new to this area.

Yeah, have seen that but not sure what to choose. I heard that separate AVR + speakers would be anytime good as compared to HTiB as we have variety of AVR so we can choose which is future proof but it not the same same case for HTiB (it might be there in some packages)

I am still searching on the forum and reading hundreds of thread.. I am planning to go for audition on this weekend so I may think about the options.. let see what my ears loves and what my eye likes.

in your budget i recommend polk RM6750, i have auditioned it recently and its good, though you may also want to audition onkyo setup. choose whichever you feel is good for your preference, you can get 1611+rm 6750 for 45k in bangalore.

Anyone heard Onkyo's SKF-L500 and SKS-L500, how these would perform with Denon 1611 or Onkyo 508/608 ?

Please help me if anyone knows about any tower speakers other than onkyo (looking for 5.1) and yes it shud fit in my budget as well :)

Last edited:
Re: Help needed for buying an Home theatre

Today I auditioned below:

1. Denon 1311 + Paradigm Cinema CT 90 = I liked this on alot (price 25000 + 36000)
2. Onkyo HTiB 51xx dont remember model number - vocals were clear than music, was feeling like missing music from the speakers
3. Bose AM10 = I didnt like its sound, dont know if its setting problem or anything else but Cinema 90 was the way better than Bose for sure.
4. Bose Cinemate = This was ok ok, something good than AM10. I really dont understand how the Cinemate can sound better than AM10, anyways Bose is ruled out.

I liked the combo of Denon 1311 + Paradigm Cinema CT 90 very much.

Please help me with the price quoted above, I found it lil on higher side (its just MRP without calculating discount) since I didnt know the actual/correct price so I didnt ask discount and final price..
What you guys suggest if I choose Denon 1311 + Cinema 70 or should I stick with Cinema 90 ??? do I have to think about denon 1611 or 1311 will be fine for these speakers??

please please add your valuable comments

Dont know, if you have Marantz sr3053 still in your short list. Some info on that.

Marantz SR3053 is available for Rs.16000 in Alfa-Irla, Mumbai.

The following key features are not available in SR3053

1)Support for Dolby True HD, DTS-MA
2) 3D support and ARC
3) Video Upscaling

@kittu1977: One of my friend told RM 6750 soundz lil similiar to Onkyo's 3300 speakers.. I didnt like it sound as its bass was boomy to my ears whereas I found Paradigm Cinema 70/90 more better. CT110 will exeed my budget :-(
Max to max I can spend upto 60k for AVR+Speakers.

@ukjeyaraj: thanks for the info, but Marantz is ruled out from my list now as Denon 1311 has more features than Marantz SR 3053.

Any idea about the price of Denon 1311/1611 and Paradigm Cinema 70/90 in Pune.

Denon AVR-1311 - INR 25000
Denon AVR-1611 - INR 32000
Paradigm Cinema 70 - INR 33/36000.. dont remember exactly
Paradigm Cinema 90 - INR 42000

I have almost decided Denon AVR 1311 or may be 1611 (in rare case) so just speakers are remaining, please suggest other speakers so that I can audition those as well. I feel.. its better to get confused by listening few speakers so will never regret in future.

Is it worth paying extra for CT 90 If I choose this over CT 70??
my room size is 14 x 15.. so not sure which sub will be ok for this sized room.

Thanks

Last edited:

some narrowed down result from my end:

AVR
denon 1611/1311 - 32000/24800

Speaker package
Energy Take Classic 5.1 - not sure about price
Paradigm 70 CT/90CT - 32,900/41,800
Klipsch HD 500/1000 - not sure about price

Guys, please comment on above speakers package as I have to decide within a week or two.

It would be much appriciated if you could post price as well.

Thanks in advance

1. AVR - Denon is a good choice and the prices you have given are the MRPs. You should be able to get at least 10% off them. However, if you willing to buy from grey market then you can easily get 1611 or Marantz 1501 for around 25k.

2. Speakers - you can add Wharfedale Moviestar 70+ package to your list
Designer Audio

Raghav

some narrowed down result from my end:

AVR
denon 1611/1311 - 32000/24800

Speaker package
Energy Take Classic 5.1 - not sure about price
Paradigm 70 CT/90CT - 32,900/41,800
Klipsch HD 500/1000 - not sure about price

Guys, please comment on above speakers package as I have to decide within a week or two.

It would be much appriciated if you could post price as well.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Raghav
I will be going to audition Energy Take Classic 5.1 and Klipsch HD 500/1000 as I was not able to go for the same during last weekends. will definitely check if I could audtion Wharfedale Moviestar 70+ as well.

Any idea which is is better in above list? (obviously everyone has different taste but just want suggestion as I am newbie in this era)

I would go with wharfedales, though have not heard the Klipsch.

Thanks Raghav
I will be going to audition Energy Take Classic 5.1 and Klipsch HD 500/1000 as I was not able to go for the same during last weekends. will definitely check if I could audtion Wharfedale Moviestar 70+ as well.

Any idea which is is better in above list? (obviously everyone has different taste but just want suggestion as I am newbie in this era)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back