Help needed for selecting Home Theatre Combination.

naren2512

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site, just happned to come accross it while googling and I think you all are doing a great job by helping every one around by sharing knowledge. I tried to find the link for new thread since last two hours and got it now finally :)

I need some help on deciding on my home theatre system and tried to post a new thread but couldn't figure how to do so but some how I found the link to send private message so I am sending you one ( as looking at your replied I think you can definitely help me with my queries)

I am planning to buy a decent home theatre system for my living room (that measures- 20ft * 9ft *9ft ) I have checked out a couple of modles of Sony, Yamaha and Philips all under 30k INR range but dint find much of sound clarity in them. I goggled and found that many prefer Boss for sound clarity and cinema like experience.

I will be using my home theatre 70% for movies and may be 30% for music. So far I have only googed and per my limited understanding of the different systems available the below appeared to be good options.

1) Boss lifestyle T20 in the US for 1525$ or 67,500 INR

2) Boss Acoustimass 10 speaker system ( 850 $ or 37,500 INR) + Onkyo TX-SR508 a/v receiver ( for 350$ or 15400 INR ) Total cost about 53k INR

3) Boss acoustimass 6 ( for 700 $ or 31,000 INR) + Onkyo TX-SR508 a/v receiver ( for 350$ or 15400) Total cost about 53k INR 46.5k INR

Please can you help me know / decide if above will give me good cinema like experience? If yes which of the above will be a good deal and value for money? if you think any any better alternative for speakers or for a/v receiver then please share that with me.

Thanks for your valuable time and help in advance.

Regads,
Narender Sachdev

I am new to this site.

welcome2.gif
, have a great time.

Well there are other great models besides Bose for HT setup. From your post all prices are in $ so you may be sourcing them from USA..

You can also audition the models listed below.

Denon 1911 AVR / Onkyo 608 / Marantz NR 1601 AVR

Paradigm Cinema CT 110/ Deftech Pro Cinema 800/ Energy Take Classic or Klipsch HDT 500 speakers...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back