Help needed in choosing turntable

subhayu

Hi, I am a new vinyl convert but cannot afford any of the new turntables (at least the ones I like, anyway). I currently have a Sony PS-313 FA, which I bought from a second-hand shop for Rs 3500 about 2 years back. It had been running pretty well, but now, it seems that I'll have to repair it.
I am also thinking of trading this TT for a Uher PS-950 TT (also second-hand), which I will get for about Rs 5000.

Would I be doing the right thing in trading my a Sony PS-313 FA for an Uher PS-950? Or should I get my old TT repaired? What do you guys think?
:sos:

Last edited:
Hi, I am a new vinyl convert but cannot afford any of the new turntables (at least the ones I like, anyway). I currently have a Sony PS-313 FA, which I bought from a second-hand shop for Rs 3500 about 2 years back. It had been running pretty well, but now, it seems that I'll have to repair it.
I am also thinking of trading this TT for a Uher PS-950 TT (also second-hand), which I will get for about Rs 5000.

Would I be doing the right thing in trading my a Sony PS-313 FA for an Uher PS-950? Or should I get my old TT repaired? What do you guys think?
:sos:

Hi!
First off, Both the sony and the uher are on an even footing. the sony is a wee bit older. the Uher seems like a rebadge of a rotel turntable from the 80s. I have owned it and it was a great table.

IMHO you will not hear much of a sonic difference even after doing that trade in. The Uher looks a bit better though! So, make the jump!

also, both the tables mentioned are BETTER than all the entry level stuff available in the market in the range of 8k - 25k.

So keep either, just put on a good cart like the Shure M97... You'll be happy for many many years.

Hope this helps.

First, thanks a ton for your invaluable advice, malvai. I, too, am inching towards Uher. But do you think paying Rs 5000 for it is a good idea? Keep in mind, please, that I am getting it at this price after exchanging my Sony TT.
So, at the end, I am actually paying Rs 8500 for it, all things inclusive. Do you think I should still go for it?

(C'mon, say yes. If my wife kills me for doing this, I can posthumously show her your reply and say that an expert told me to do so) ;)

Bro, I think that it will be a decent upgrade. but do negotiate. maybe it should be Sony + 3k and that's that...

Couldn't get it for 3k. The seller is playing hardball and is asking for 4k+Sony. I think i'll still get the Uher

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back