Help needed in restoring Bose Vintage speakers

Kumar442244

Hello Fellow members.
Need some help in identifying the model and guidance on restoration of these speakers.
These speakers have emotional connect and I would be really grateful in seeking any sort of help in this regard.
TIA

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-06-27 at 3.00.59 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-27 at 3.00.59 PM.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 78
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-06-27 at 3.03.29 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-27 at 3.03.29 PM.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 78
The model i suppose is StudioCraft 150. The StudioCraft series was sold from 1975 to 1985.

Not much is available. Please write to Bose for specs and other details.

Best of luck on the restoration.

The model i suppose is StudioCraft 150. The StudioCraft series was sold from 1975 to 1985.

Not much is available. Please write to Bose for specs and other details.

Best of luck on the restoration.
Thanks KBhuvi,
Appreciate the response.
Have written to Bose, awaiting their response.
Although not sure if they will provide any support with the spares/maintenance given the fact that these are almost half a century old (42+ years).
Alternatively, is there a solution to restore these locally?

Thanks KBhuvi,
Appreciate the response.
Have written to Bose, awaiting their response.
Although not sure if they will provide any support with the spares/maintenance given the fact that these are almost half a century old (42+ years).
Alternatively, is there a solution to restore these locally?
Hi
Perhaps you can approach the restoration like this.
1. If there are any electrolytes then recap the crossover with better than average capacitors. Leave the other components gor now.
2. Woofer- Same material cone (my guess would be paper), new surrounds, good spider and if its necessary, voice coil too.

3. If tweeter and mid are working, leave them alone for now.

Give the new cone some time to break in before forming an opinion.

If the tweeters or mids are not working then exact replacement of any driver would depend on the response of Bose.

In the absence of info, any replacement of a driver would amount to designing a new speaker.

A technician having experience in repairing vintage would be able to give you a fair idea regarding the restoration. It may be difficult but not impossible.

Regards

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back