Help needed to connect Samsung PS58S550 to Onkyo TX-SR307

swisskitty

Hi guys,
I have an Onkyo AVR which i have for the past few years had hooked up to all my various AV gadgets. A few days ago i bought a Samsung PS58S550 and this is my first digital TV. Yes i know, i still had a big old box tv til just last week :lol:
Anyhoo, I had to disconnect all the pieces of my system to move them and have reconnected the CD player and the *ahem* cassette player (its my dads i swear!) and the FM aerial. The CD, cassette and the radio all work fine.
I began to encounter problems when trying to connect the TV and my WDTV Live media player to the Onkyo.
I have the necessary HDMI cables and Optical cables. However no matter which way i connect the cables between my devices, i have been getting video only, with no sound.
I have read and reread all the instruction manuals and the best i can guess is that perhaps the problem lies with the settings on the Onkyo. I did read something about assigning the inputs on the AVR, but im afraid this is something i do not really understand.
Can anybody offer any advice here?

Cheers :eek:

Can you provide a description on how things are currently hooked up?
such as--

WDTV player to Onkyo AVR in1 to TV HDMI 1

from your WDTV..hdmi out..to..onkyo hdmi in.
from onkyo hdmi out...to TV hdmi in.
detach all other cables....optical..all..
now play any file via wdtv remote in the wdtv..

that should work.if you are getting the video..means right hdmi input is selected...
have you tried all hdmi inputs....same result in all.......

a rare case(god forbid)..may happen..maybe the hdmi pcb is just passing the signal thru..and not decoding at all the aduio part...some fault..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back