Help needed with Rotel rsp 980 preamp with mccormack amp, suddenly cutting off

arjuna

Hello All:

This is my first post here. I am an old audiophile and have been using my rotel rsp preamp with a mccormak amp and bose speakers for about 15 years now and have had no problems.

Lately I have been encountering a strange problem. My system works just fine most of the time, however sometime upon switching on my rotel preamp (which i do after i switch on my mccormack amp because it draws power and shuts of the rotel otherwise) my rotel immediately shuts off and causes the amp to reboot too.

It seems like a cutoff circuit is activated. I am not sure what the problem is. Any ideas? Sometimes it also makes a loud sound though not always. Sometimes it plays fine, but in the middle after hours, it suddenly shuts off.

Any ideas or recommendations? Can you recommend anyone in delhi who is authorized or experienced enough to look at an audiophile setup and try to debug it?

Arjuna

Thanks in advance?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back